Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Faria GPS Speedometer Install

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Skinautiqueobsessed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skinautiqueobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faria GPS Speedometer Install
    Posted: August-07-2020 at 9:29am
Need help in determining what wires to use. I have a 1989 Ski Nautique. I bought the Faria 4ā€ GPS Speedometer. Iā€™m thinking of putting this in the left speedometer location. So far I took out the light bulb to the old airguide. I think the black wire is ground and the white is for the light for the speedometer. The instructions say I need a wire from the ignition and a wire from the battery. Any suggestions on which wires to splice into? TIA.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2020 at 10:44am
You don't HAVE TO have a "constant on" wire to the speedo -- however it helps with the start-up time and satellite acquisition sequence and boot-up. You can hook up the battery + and "signal" terminals to the same 12V source this way.  If you want faster start-up and constant on, look to your ignition switch (key switch).  You can connect there.  Get out your multi-meter and find the constant on source....good to go.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic