NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

351W circulation pump - what brand?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Hysteria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 351W circulation pump - what brand?
    Posted: April-26-2021 at 7:22pm
The circulation pump (or what I always thought was just a "water pump") looks to be original on my boat and I know these things don't last forever, so I'm looking at replacing it before anything bad happens. I assume that since this is a reverse rotation motor I will be needing a marine version, which I am pretty uninformed about. Are there any brands/manufacturers that you guys have had good experiences with?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2021 at 6:06am
SkiDim and Nautiqueparts will sell you a pump of "some brand" or you can use a Sierra 18-3584-1 from someplace like Summit.

Lots of places sell the Sierra pump, it works just fine.

You'll find quite a variety of prices Wink

Any of the 351w marine circulating pumps you find today are bi rotational so they'll work on your engine. They have a cast bronze impeller and a stainless steel backing plate.
Hysteria View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hysteria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

SkiDim and Nautiqueparts will sell you a pump of "some brand" or you can use a Sierra 18-3584-1 from someplace like Summit.

Lots of places sell the Sierra pump, it works just fine.

You'll find quite a variety of pricesĀ Wink

Any of the 351w marine circulating pumps you find today are bi rotational so they'll work on your engine. They have a cast bronze impeller and a stainless steel backing plate.

I appreciate the advice, I'll begin the search for a sierra pump then
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2021 at 5:36pm
https://bpi.ebasicpower.com/search_2/show.php?q=water%20pump%20pcm&qid=41934&tr=%20Water%20Pump%20PCM%E2%86%92circulating%20water%20pump_Ford%20Small%20Block%20V8
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic