Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1982 2001 gm350 running cold

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Skifreek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skifreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1982 2001 gm350 running cold
    Posted: June-05-2021 at 5:17pm
I just replaced my impeller after it blew up. Removed the whole water system and flushed the entire system out. I installed a new thermostat and impeller and now the boat will not get above 100* at 3000rpm. I put the new pcm thermostat in that has an operating temp of 170*. The new thermostat doesn’t have any sort of diaphragm in which seemed weird. I checked the part # and it’s correct. My head is hurting trying to figure this out. The boat runs a little bit rough at that temp so I’m not cool running it. Any advice would be great! Courtney
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2021 at 6:07pm
It sounds like your new thermostat and your old one aren't the same and maybe the new one is bypassing a lot of water. Do they look the same?

What kind of cooling system do you have?  Raw water cooling or antifreeze with a heat exchanger?

Do you still have the old thermostat, so you could try putting it back in or was it bad for some reason?

What's the part number of your new one?

What was the temperature rating of the old one?

Questions, questions Wink

Skifreek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skifreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2021 at 6:26pm
It’s the same one they just don’t make the 140 thermostat any more, the new part is a 170. I have a raw water system. There is no diaphragm in the new or the old one. Is there a chance it’s upside down?   
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2021 at 6:30pm
How about a picture or a link or a part number to what you bought?
Skifreek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skifreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2021 at 6:33pm
Part# RP026003

I don’t know how to do pics on here
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2021 at 6:57pm
Seems like it should bolt right in.

Do you still have the old one or is it in a landfill somewhere? Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic