Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

intake manifold

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
beebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: intake manifold
    Posted: March-09-2022 at 11:34pm
I had my engine rebuilt last year. 1986 Ski Nautique, with 351 Windsor. It has new aluminum heads. Runs great. But it still has the original cast iron intake manifold which is somewhat rusty. So I'd like to put an aluminum intake onto it. Help it breath better. Any suggestions as to which intake to buy? I'm all for less weight and less rust and better breathing. I'm not a mechanic so not sure which one to choose and why. Would like balanced performance similar to stock but better all around.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Roger
Gski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2022 at 6:25pm
Don’t know about the aluminum heads but I used a edelbrock performer on my 91  351 a few years back and noticed a little better torque and top end . It’s not a lot of difference but I did notice it. It’s a bit less weight if that’s a thing for you. Good luck
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-19-2022 at 1:36am
I had a 1994 SN with the high-output engine.  I installed an Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum intake manifold on that engine and it was a beast.  The MotorTrend series "Engine Masters" did a dyno comparison of manifolds for the 351W and the Edelbrock was discussed as the best over-all intake for a "daily driver" application.

Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold -- number 7181

Fel-Pro 1262S3 -- intake gasket set

Edelbrock 9300 - Edelbrock Gasgacinch is often used to prevent leaks.  I used Ultra Black silicone on the China Walls

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
beebe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2022 at 2:21pm
Awesome, thanks. Just ordered the performer RPM.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic