NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Under-mount platform ladder

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under-mount platform ladder
    Posted: March-12-2022 at 7:09pm
Anyone using one? Was thinking it's a nice option for those more 'boarding-challenged'. Thoughts are you'd need to use secured bolts from above, as lags from below just wouldn't hold up. Easy enough to counter-sink bolt heads and blend to match. Just thinking out loud.

Thanks,

Ultra
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2022 at 2:04pm
How about using a Jet-Ski type flexible ladder.  You could hang it temporarily for those times when you need it...then, stow it away.

A permanent options can be found on Overtons:

https://www.overtons.com/overtons-slide-in-2-step-telescopic-stainless-steel-swim-platform-ladder-735795.html?cgid=ladders-swim-platforms

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2022 at 4:30pm
Yeah, the fold-ups are a good option. Can't beat it for 20 bucks.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2022 at 8:32am
I kind of like the permanent version considering what might happen in reverse with that rope and the prop in a worst case scenario.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2022 at 8:46am
My SOP is “boat off” “key on dash” anytime someone is on the platform. Done.

I like the stability of the under mount, but might try the strap and see how it works.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2022 at 5:26pm
I don't see how that temp set ski ladder helps too much.  I hang a barefoot handle from the rear eye with a carabiner.  It helps a little but as soon as you put weight on it, it moves under the rear of the boat so the boarding angle is difficult without someone there to leverage off of.  That ladder would do the same.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic