Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1994 Holley 4160 float bowls?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TucsonMike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TucsonMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1994 Holley 4160 float bowls?
    Posted: March-27-2022 at 8:58pm
Anyone know if they are still available? Mine is leaking at the plug on top, circled. 1994 Ski Nautique with PCM PLP-PR-R12PT, Ford 351. It has the accelerator pump at the bottom.
Thanks for any help!
Leaking at the circled area:

SkierMike
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2022 at 9:50pm
Not sure if it's the same but you can scavenge parts from this one if you want.  It came from my '89.

92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TucsonMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2022 at 10:17pm
Sean, is that you? It’s Mike King. I hope you guys are doing great!! It looks the same; sure. We’ll figure out details offline.
Thanks!!
SkierMike
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2022 at 10:24pm
Yup.  Sounds good

92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-27-2022 at 11:08pm
The area indicated in your picture is called a "Welch plug" and sometimes called a core plug.  Anyway, a leak at a Welch plug is not uncommon.  One option is to seal the leak with a little J-B Weld epoxy.  Several CCF members have had good results with J-B Weld or other epoxy products in sealing pesky carb fuel leaks.  

If you do choose to replace the fuel bowl, you may want to consider a carb re-build while you are swapping fuel bowls with DesertSkier.  At a minimum don't forget to replace the fuel bowl gasket with new ones (I like the blue removable gaskets).

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2022 at 7:20am
Originally posted by TucsonMike TucsonMike wrote:

Anyone know if they are still available? 

Just to answer the availability question even though you really don't need one................, yes.

Holley 34R10918AQ  60 ish dollars depending where you shop  Wink

Or if you want the PCM packaged Holley bowl the part number is RN0052 and the price is ..........well, too high to print here  

That's for the primary float bowl.

Secondary bowl is different but still available too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TucsonMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2022 at 12:36am
Thanks!! Do you know if that part number will accept the accelerator pump on the bottom of the bowl?

SkierMike
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2022 at 6:55am

Thanks!! Do you know if that part number will accept the accelerator pump on the bottom of the bowl?

That would be a Yes I do and Yes it does Wink

Click on the link below and you'll get 3 pictures and the description

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TucsonMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2022 at 7:54pm
Thanks for the replies everyone. It’s had a recent rebuild but I will probably get the kit anyway for the blue reusable gaskets, accelerator pump, etc.
FYI, Summit Racing agreed with you guys and said the part number above, 34R10918AQ, is good to go for the accelerator pump. They said the corresponding secondary bowl number is HLY-134-105. I need to decide if I want to take desertskier up on his offer or order the new parts for improved peace of mind. Regardless, he and I will definitely get together for beers. :)
SkierMike
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2022 at 6:43am

FYI, Summit Racing agreed with you guys and said the part number above, 34R10918AQ, is good to go for the accelerator pump. They said the corresponding secondary bowl number is HLY-134-105.:

I'd get back to Summit and see if they agree with part number 34R5972AQ.instead of what they gave you Wink

You won't be happy at all with a 134-105 float bowl

If you're wondering what Summit gave you a number for, it's a 4160 float bowl with externally adjustable float level and it takes a different float, needle and seat assembly and has a big sight hole in the side that you have to screw a plug into. 

You could trust but verify and get back to Summit and ask about the 34R5972AQ.if you want the right secondary bowl for your carburetor that has internally adjustable floats 

So to put the numbers for the bowls all in one spot for your 94 marine 4160

Primary bowl.............34R10918AQ

Secondary bowl........34R5972AQ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TucsonMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2022 at 9:27am
Thanks for that! On the Summit site, the 972AQ bowl is "Fuel Bowl, Secondary, Side Hung, Dichromate, Holley, 4160, Marine":

The 134-105 bowl is "Fuel Bowl, Secondary, Side Hung, Dichromate, Holley 4160:

They look pretty similar, but the number you gave me is the 'marine' number, plus it's $18 cheaper. I changed my order this morning.
I thought I'd be able to find these bowl numbers on the Holley site using my carb number from the choke horn (50469-2), but no joy. I was able to find the correct rebuild kit number (703-47) using that number.
Thanks! 
SkierMike
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-30-2022 at 7:56pm
They're similar till you have one in each hand Wink

Thinking about your other post about power valves, that list number came with a 2.5 originally just so ya' know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TucsonMike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2022 at 4:42pm
All back together now. Runs fine in the driveway, no leaks. You’re right, Keno. It does have a 2.5 in it and the one in the rebuild kit was a 2.5 too.
SkierMike
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2022 at 6:19pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic