NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a quieter blower

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a quieter blower
    Posted: May-07-2022 at 11:19pm
I'm a big fan of running the dog-house blower all the time. The one I have just literally screams. Any recommendations for one on the quieter side? Thanks, ultra
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2022 at 7:33am
They just get loud with age.  In my other boat I replaced the stock Attwood Turbo with the same blower and its whisper quiet.  I basically run that one all the time too -- especially since that boat does not have a big cow air scoop on its bow like my 85SN2001 does.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2022 at 1:31pm
I too run the blower at all times, I replaced my blower due to noise in the 95 with the factory look alike 6 years ago and it is still quiet.   The blower in my old Malibu kept failing, I replaced it a couple times, if the boat is operating my blower is on, I finally went down the the local Boat Wrecking yard and bought a squirrel cage blower out of a cabin cruiser, this type is large and would not fit in the Nautique but in the Malibu it mounted in the rear off to the side of the gas tank and that used blower purchased from the wrecker was working quietly when we sold the boat 10 years later, it was not plastic but metal about 8” x 8” square, pulled more air and was very quiet as an upgrade.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2022 at 1:54pm
Yes, I had same annoyance, switched from inline blower to centrifugal blower, silent
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2022 at 6:58pm
Hey Tom, would you mind sending me a pic of your install when you get a chance? Thanks, Mark
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2022 at 8:38am
I would like to see a pic also. I need to replace the one in the 02 SN
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2022 at 9:03am
Sure Mark, B,

On the supreme, its still in the stern on the starboard side of the tank, not much to see. I also use one on the homemade heater.

On the RCB i'm building, i do have a picture... 
 You can flange mount, or go 3" to 3", one just has to work out where to put its larger dimensions, and the 90 degree of the airflow so it works for you best . it comes with a mount you can rotate, and a flange-to-3" hose adapter

i chose this,  Sea Flow SFBB1-130-01

"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2022 at 10:25am
Thx Tom!!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2022 at 12:54pm
Perfect. Thanks Tom.

Mark
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2022 at 1:43pm
Lately on my project  ive been working with these hoses instead of the vinyl dryer vent, 

I reconfigured this heater to be in the unused space in front of the driver's feet, instead of right  in the way of the ski storage...

two hoses go from bow vents to the stringer cavity,  one from the heater to the driver feet outlet, one vinyl hose to the pull-out outlet for the passenger, then the third from the heater tees out to two outlets in place of speakers that were removed from the dash, so i will have defroster on damp mornings...

River Rat to Mole
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic