NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ballast Pump Vane Colors

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
trsulliv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trsulliv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ballast Pump Vane Colors
    Posted: May-17-2022 at 8:15pm
I have a new to me 2016 200V and want to change the ballast pump vanes.  The ones currently in the Jasco pumps are green, but Nautique Parts sent me purple ones and they are a bit taller than the green ones.  Can I use the purple ones or do I need to get the green ones?  I am not sure if they collapse down when I tighten the top back on or if they are the wrong size/
Cheers,

trsulliv
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2022 at 6:52am
PlanetNautique may get you a correct answer quicker as there are more weighted boaters over there.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2022 at 7:26am
I figure that if you click on the link below for Wakemakers.com you can read what the green impeller fits and what the purple impeller fits and see what your pumps is.

Green is for Ballast Puppy pump (gives pump part number info in link)

Purple is for Ballast King pump (also pump gives part number info)

I'm guessing you'll be returning them, but it's just a guess Wink

trsulliv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trsulliv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2022 at 7:46am
Thanks so much gun-driver and Keno.  The link confirms I need the green vane and they are not interchangeable.  

Hugely disappointed in Nautique Parts because I called, told them my boat model info and they told me I needed the purple ones.  Let's see how their return process works?
Cheers,

trsulliv
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2022 at 8:01am
You'll find literature that says that 2016 and later use the Ballast King pumps(purple impeller) and up to and including 2015 they used the Ballast Puppy pumps (green impeller)

I'd check the year of your boat since you previously called it a 2015 in a thread here on CCF when you bought it last year. It was titled "Winterizing a 2015 200V"

So don't blame Nautiqueparts too quickly for the problem,................. go check your HIN number on the boat first. Wink
trsulliv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trsulliv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2022 at 8:57am
Fair enough Keno.
Cheers,

trsulliv
trsulliv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trsulliv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2022 at 10:31am
Just talked with Nautique Parts.  I was told the vanes I have (purple) will work in my pumps which are the Puppies, but based on things I have read and the larger size, I am not confident they will not pinch in the pump and really increase the load on the pumps.  I plan to return them and order the green vanes.
Cheers,

trsulliv
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic