Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine vinyl replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mattschem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattschem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine vinyl replacement
    Posted: May-20-2022 at 8:22pm
Hi Everyone, 

I've taken on the project of replacing my upholstery on my 88' 2001. I'm confused and looking for some help if anyone has experience with the carpet section on the engine doghouse. Does it just glue into the strips underneath? I feel like I should glue a piece of wood in there and screw it so I can get a good stretch. Any input on someone who's done one would be much appreciated.

Thanks
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-23-2022 at 10:14am

When I redid my carpet in my 89, I had to take my engine cover to a upholstery shop to sew on the carpet to the vinyl piping trim that was along the edge.

flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 10:27pm
to answer your question, YES, the carpet strip at the bottom of the doghouse vinyl just wraps under the dog house and is glued into place on the inside of the doghouse.  C&S Marine sells the complete doghouse cover, and it comes with the carpet attached at the bottom. BUT..behind the carpet, is also a piece of vinyl that you pull on to stretch the rest of the cover into place. You Don't pull on the carpet piece, as you'll rip it off the vinyl.   

'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic