NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer axle needed...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer axle needed...
    Posted: July-07-2022 at 4:09pm
Buddy w/ '83 CC drive-on trailer lost a wheel bearing, destroying the spindle. Appears to need an entire replacement axle...side-to-side.
Anyone have replaced one of these? If so, with what and from where? Thanks
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 5:28pm
OK, feeling less lazy now and did a search here. Seems the prescribed remedy is to remove axle and take to local trailer shop. 
Which is what we'll do...
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 6:28pm
Maybe you’ll have better luck than me, couldn’t find anyone in a 2hr radius willing to repair a spindle and was forced to buy new… and that was 5+ yrs ago now. 83 was a transition year, if it’s a straight axle then replacement is pretty straightforward.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2022 at 9:18pm
Thanks-hope so. The boat has a special place-back in '83 then new wife and I bought new SN. One evening she came home excited that someone down the street was loading a new SN for the weekend. I drove over, introduced, we cracked some beers and became fast friends, boating together for years. Before succumbing too early to cancer, he 'sold' the boat to a mutual friend. We've agreed to keep it going, and have an annual celebratory weekend honoring our lost friend. 
Ok, now to fix the (straight) axle...
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic