NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Horn Working Weird

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
TG3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TG3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horn Working Weird
    Posted: July-07-2022 at 11:40pm
I need some help with my horn. It is the standard dual horn. 

I thought it was broken, so I ordered a new one. When I installed the new one, it also didn’t work. So i got my multimeter out and started testing. I am getting 12 volts at the horn when I push the button. When I plug up ONLY one of the horns, it works. When I plug in both horns then they don’t work. You can here them trying, but they won’t blow. 

I checked the voltage at one of the horns with the both plugged in and I get about 4.5 volts. 

Not really sure what is going on, this makes no sense to me why they won’t work when both are plugged up.

Any ideas?
1997 Air/Sport Nautique
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2022 at 9:14am
Had a similar issue with my horn. My 98 SN has a rocker type switch and I pulled the witch out and tore it apart. It was dirty and ful of STUFF. I cleaned it up and the contacts inside and now works great. The increaseed load of two horns is probably too much for coroded contacts. 
Try bypassing the stitch with a piece of wire and see they work then. Smile
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic