Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damper plate

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
chessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damper plate
    Posted: July-15-2022 at 9:48am
Trying to save a dollar I just received a plate from skidim # 97596. Reading past trends it looks like this will work on my 1974 351 w but when I lay it on the fly wheel the bolt whole line up fine except the rivets for the center hub will not fit in the center of flywheel. Fly wheel as an center of 5 1/2 and rivets or 5 19/32. Am I missing something. 
Thanks for your help
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2022 at 11:49am
Some people have used washers  between the flywheel and the damper and others have started all 3 bolts and then tightened things down evenly and the heads are touching the flywheel

I don't seem to remember any issues with either approach
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2022 at 4:10pm
I had the same issue when I replaced my damper plate last year and just went the 'tighten down evenly' route.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic