Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2004 SAN Low RPM issue

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique Fan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2004 SAN Low RPM issue
    Posted: July-28-2022 at 5:49am
I recently purchased a 2004 Super Air 210. I have been having issues with it cutting off if you push the throttle up around 1000RPM or if you pull the throttle back to idle from a high RPM range. It seems if I can get past the low RPM, the boat runs fantastic. I do have to put the boat in Nuetral and give it gas to get it to start. Usually pumping the gas to just about wide open throttle. But, once it is running it will idle all day long.

Here is what I have tried so far:
Full tank of gas -2 cans of sea foam
Cap, rotor and spark plugs
Replaced FCC filter

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
1997 Nautique Super Sport

1989 Ski Nautique 2001 (Sold)
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2022 at 7:50am
Kinda funny............there's a guy on PN BNauti having the same issue with the same boat Wink

But at least he told what the engine is (a 330 Excalibur ) and he's thinking about throwing a low pressure fuel pump at it.

If it runs great at higher speed and can idle all day long, why would you think it was  pump related?

You should get a fuel pressure gauge and check the pressure as a starting point anyways.

Then you're probably into a situation where you're trying to figure out which sensor or computer controlled component may be broken or need adjustment.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2022 at 8:43am
I think your engine uses GM's MEFI-4 injection system.

Here's a link to lots of reading in a MEFI -4 manual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2022 at 9:10am
Thanks for the manual. As KENO said I should have put the engine in the post. 330 Excalibur the boat only has 268hrs on it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2022 at 10:12am
Well we spent most of yesterday troubleshooting. I cleaned the throttle body first. No changes.

then I took it to my buddies house with a 2005 Super Air Nautique and we started swapping parts from his good running boat. (Yes I’m very lucky that my best friend let me take his perfectly running boat apart and put on my boat). We changed out the TPS sensor, no changes. We changed out the idle air sensor and no change. We put the anti siphon valve in the ultrasonic cleaner and cleaned it up. I did notice that his boat idles a little higher than mine. Is there an idle adjustment somewhere?

Also, if you go from full throttle on mine back to idle and full throttle again it will cause it to backfire two times. I’m not sure why it does this? It kind of makes me think it is getting fuel and then the spark comes back in? I’m taking guesses at this point.

open to suggestions? Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic