Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

In-Hull Depth Transducer Install

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: In-Hull Depth Transducer Install
    Posted: December-20-2022 at 11:44am
My wife and I moved to a new location in the Twin Cities (Coon Rapids) and now have convenient access to the Mississippi River and a few bars by river.  So we are planning to do that next year.  Anyway, I am going to put a depth finder in place of the clock on my dash and an in hull transducer.  I recall many years ago I did this twice on different boats and used a two-part epoxy for setting the transducer on the hull.   In many links today I see this product being referenced:  3M Marine Adhesive Sealant Fast Cure 5200.

Who's done this recently and what's a good adhesive solution.   

Ref:  Faria 13751 Chesapeake Black Depth Sounder with In-Hull Transducer

Thanks a bunch for the comments!

- Fred
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2022 at 2:43pm
Try it first before you glue it down. Who ever put mine in just left it laying in the bottom of the boat. It sits just in front of the v drive. Since it works I have not bothered to change it. Also gives you a chance to see where it works best.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2022 at 5:10pm
Here's a link to "one of those other websites" with a little writeup with some pictures about installing the same Faria 13751 transducer.

He says he followed the directions and used some GE silicone 2  to attach the cup to the hull.

link
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic