NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1986 Correct Craft Trailer Bearings

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1986 Correct Craft Trailer Bearings
    Posted: December-24-2022 at 9:51pm
Hey Experts,
Any numbers on a 1986 Correct Craft bearings? I seem to recall having to get them from Woodie in Orlando for my 89. Can they be sourced at NAPA?
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2022 at 8:56am
Click on the link below and you'll have some reading to keep you busy.

Then you might decide that the best thing to do would be to pull one hub off and see exactly what you have, just to be sure, to avoid any "oops I got the wrong bearings" issues Wink

Or you might see a good description of what you have for hubs and go with that.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2022 at 9:48am
Got it. We will pull the parts and bring the hub and simply go to the local trailer guy who has always steered me right. He is a little pricey, but he knows CC trailers. 
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2022 at 2:31pm
All Bearings have SAE numbers on them which identify the size and type.  The seals can be more difficult to identify.   Write down your numbers when you find them and keep them for future use.   Most trailers use very common automotive bearings so they are easy to locate at most parts stores but you have to have the numbers.   Both the bearing race and the rollers have numbers so you need both numbers.   They will probably identify as a set number like, A2 or A4 set for the outer and maybe an A13 for the inner but you have to verify.  A set has both the race and roller but each has a number to identify it.
To identify the seal you need measurements.   Housing bore size on your hub, Shaft size on your axle at the seal surface and depth or width, how wide can the seal be.  Usually .500 inch or less.   
Seal fit is important, I worked on one trailer where the guy used the wrong size seal, it did not even touch the axle shaft so as they filled the bearing buddy it pumped grease right into the brakes.  What a mess to fix.  
Once you get your  proper numbers keep them and the next change is a snap.
A good trailer guy will just glance at your parts and hand you new ones if you find the right guy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic