Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unobtanium arrived!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unobtanium arrived!
    Posted: March-23-2023 at 1:20pm
I installed a half closed cooling system around 8 years ago when I bought my Ski Nautique. I knew it would be mostly a salt water vessel. When I changed out my Pro Tec System I installed a DUI distributor (I really like it). But the clearance to the Freshwater Upper Thermostat Housing was a problem. I should have loosened the upper thermostat housing and shifted it as much as possible. That might have worked. Maybe shimming the lower housing to gain a bit of room would have been the way to go. But I looked at the upper thermostat housing and decided it had enough meat in the corners of the sidewalls to grind a bit off. Unfortunately, I over did it! Opened up the body and didn't need that much taken off. Oh well. Could not source a replacement, so I repaired using Devcon Liquid B. Was skeptical of how long that might last. It's been around 6 years. I have still kept up an on and off again search for a replacement, whether I really need it or not. 
I placed an order with a company that said they could get one in 2021. They said there were a few on a shelf at the OEM manufacturer but they needed paint. I figured why not go with the pandemic flow and see what if anything shows up... guess what just arrived. Still no issues with my repaired part, but I am super stoked to get unobtanium in the mail! R025009 Upper F/W Thermostat Housing. Christmas in March :)

Greg_SA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg_SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2023 at 5:07pm
Awesome, congrats Clap

1989 Ski Nautique (SN2001)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic