NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1978 SN Needs to be Rescued

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1978 SN Needs to be Rescued
    Posted: May-06-2023 at 8:32pm
We bought this boat as a parts boat but have decided it really should be saved. We have enough projects, so would like to pass it along.   It needs complete restoration, but it is 99% complete.  If anyone is interested PM me,

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-06-2023 at 8:41pm
Not a 79
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2023 at 6:15am
Hmmm................I'll guess it's not a 76 or an 80 or a 77 or an 81 either Wink

Or anything before 76 or after 81
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2023 at 6:33am
Could be a 78, but numbers on hull looked like 79.  Will check.  
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2023 at 7:35am
The upholstered hood scoop combined with the smoothly sculpted rear deck say 78.

79 had the same rear deck but the metal topped hood scoop

Also seem to see 77's with the smooth rear deck and the older style rear deck with scoops and a clearance bar just to confuse things.

Black faced Airguides 78+

Unless it's some kind of odd ball and we know CC never ever did that Wink
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2023 at 10:03am
I’m in love
Need a Red 78 TransAm tow vehicle
To complete look
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2023 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

The upholstered hood scoop combined with the smoothly sculpted rear deck say 78.

79 had the same rear deck but the metal topped hood scoop

Also seem to see 77's with the smooth rear deck and the older style rear deck with scoops and a clearance bar just to confuse things.

Black faced Airguides 78+

Unless it's some kind of odd ball and we know CC never ever did that Wink

This is correct. It's a '78.
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2023 at 5:24pm
I looked online at some pictures, it looks like the ramped inward and downward portion of the deck from the bowlight to the scoop are not on the 78, with the scoop being added on.

For sure tho, the 79 has the inward and downward ramp with the sides of the scoop being part of the deck mold itself and capped with a 1/4 inch thick cast aluminum plate that reads correct craft ski nautique, but i have seen pictures with different wording.

I thought it was the speedos on a plate (unknown material) bolted to the driver fairing and screw on scoop that i.d.'s it as pre 79. 79 being the first year the speedos were in the fairing.

I know it's already been established, just pointing out what i see.

Then the 2001 deck had at least 2 different scoops, the first being molded in near where the 79 scoop is with 2 vents on each side, the latter being 2 vents, 1under each side of the windshield.

Personally like the 01 deck with the hump and 2 vents like an old dodge hood.

Can't post pics or i'd throw up some examples, sure miss the referance section, it's like my brother and i christmas shopping in a catalog and showing the pictures to mom & dad.

Never heard back from last weeks interest, probably a busy guy. No harm no foul.

'm tempted to ask but in all honesty i'm holding out for a bowrider, gotta be a ski boat bowrider, ashamed to say i don't care what brand but hoping a nautique will pop up if i hang in there and keep the eyes peeled. I think the century resorter near me is still there, total classic on aluminum trailer in good shape. Be a great 2nd boat to cruise, but it's not a bowrider.

Beautiful boat, all there looks like. 2nd the motion for someone to save it.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2023 at 2:55pm
Bump, not one inquiry.  Numbers do appear to say 78.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2023 at 9:17am
Boat will be parted out soon. If anyone has interest in parts, PM me. 
chisum5013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chisum5013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2023 at 7:45pm
Is the Ski Tique still available? If so, what engine does it have in it?

Thanks,
Chris
Chris C
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2023 at 9:01pm
No Tique.  
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2023 at 5:42pm
Be a shame to part out a boat that looks to be intact. Wear items aren't that expensive or hard to replace.
This boat in my opinion would;
1. Be a great father, son/daughter project to get the family out on the water.
2. In my opinion, a great way to hand down the priceless lesson about payments interest and premiums while parked for the winter.
"Fancy gel, paint, graphics, upholstery, courtesy lights, crazy digital dashboards,stereos, underwater lights, and all the new fangled stuff on a matching paint job trailer cost money son, theres a lot to be said about a toy you own," "who's pocket do want your money in?"

Can't believe you haven't sold it, is the asking price public ?
Can you put it in the water and shoot some video or at least a start & run video.
Lou-Pa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lou-Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2023 at 8:56pm
Sounds like you just talked yourself into a project 😄
Spareparts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spareparts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2023 at 9:14pm
Mirror for our 76 mustang.    Contact us.   Evanegas@msn.com
1976 Correct Craft Mustang 17
1986 Foretravel 33 Class A Motorhome once owned by Newman / Freeman Racing.. yes Paul Newman
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2023 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Spareparts Spareparts wrote:

Mirror for our 76 mustang.    Contact us.   Evanegas@msn.com

For the same price you can get a new mirror from Grainger.
It's just a truck mirror on its side.
Velvac West Coast series V-back.
Grainger item Model 705114
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2023 at 12:49pm
I’d get the heated one for those cold dewy mornings😂
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2023 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

I’d get the heated one for those cold dewy mornings😂

Damn now why didn't I think of that???
Evilsizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evilsizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2023 at 11:38am
Is the trailer available?
stepper459 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stepper459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2023 at 12:21pm
What kind of money are you looking for, for the complete boat? I'm not too far away from you if your profile is right (Portland, ME). 
All boats are sinking, it's just a matter of how quickly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic