Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

80a conversion shift cable

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
waterclown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterclown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 80a conversion shift cable
    Posted: May-13-2023 at 2:25pm
I'm installing the 80a transmission in my 2011 Ski Nautique 200 and was wondering how to install the shift cable.It's not the same as the 40a that came out of it. 
Does someone that has done this have a picture or any advice?
Thanks
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2023 at 6:21pm
Here's a link to a thread on Ball of spray about this issue.

link

It may not be terribly helpful since the pictures disappeared.

One helpful thing should be the mention of the bottom mount bracket and routing the cable under the engine.

Another helpful thing should be that Jody Seal in that thread is here on CCF and if you send him a PM he should be able to give you pictures or tell you just what he does on these swaps.

His screen name here is Florida Inboards sometimes and Fl Inboards sometimes  depending on what he remembers for passwords. I'd send a PM to both Florida Inboards and FlInboards. Wink

I'd say under the engine and behind the transmission and coming into the bracket from behind like Jody said, then to the lever but check with him and post your results back here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterclown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2023 at 10:01am
Thanks
It sounds like it needs to be routed the same as the 40a
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2023 at 3:12pm
I think so.

Or maybe more like a 40i in a v drive

Putting the throttle control into forward should make the cable extend pushing the shift lever into the forward position using the under trans mounting bracket..
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2023 at 8:13am
Got this figured out yet?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterclown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2023 at 9:48am
Ends up it isn't routed the same as the 40a. A plate that goes between the tranny and mount was used. It came with the kit. The shift cable is long so I had to do one loop under the engine and then the cable comes up from under the tranny and connects to the plate.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waterclown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2023 at 9:52am
This is on a 200 with cats. a 196 w/o cats is over the top of the engine and uses the other mount that comes with the kit
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2023 at 12:21pm
How about a picture or 2 ..........for the next guy with the same problem Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic