Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Warning - member "2Shortz" trying to scam people
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warning - member "2Shortz" trying to scam people

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
chaloux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaloux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warning - member "2Shortz" trying to scam people
    Posted: May-17-2023 at 10:20pm
I could be wrong on this, but my gut is telling me this is off.  Will update with any developments.

I have a post looking for a windshield door for a Sport Nautique, and got a PM from member 2Shortz saying that another member, mmasariu, had a door, and to email them and gave me "their" email.

I think that the email 2Shortz gave me is actually theirs, and they're planning on scamming me out of $200.  I sent the initial email, and then heard nothing for a few days, and then got multiple emails in a flurry that were pushy, wanting me to send paypal to a different email (which points to a facebook page for a barber in Texas, when the user mmasariu lives in Indiana) right away because he'll ship tomorrow, without sending pictures... seeing some red flags here.   

Anyway, lots of emails, and again it just didn't feel right to me, so I reached out to mmasariu on facebook to confirm - we'll see what he says and I can update from there. If it is legit I am deeply sorry and obviously will delete this post. 
- Matt, '94 Sport Nautique
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2023 at 8:52am
Sounds fishy. Feel like anyone selling a windshield would be willing to text back-and-forth a bit as well as definitely provide pictures. I would proceed with a lot of caution as I think you are already
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2023 at 9:18am
2shortZ just became a member this morning be very careful
Cant find a red flag emoji.
edit: joined April-19-2023 at 5:45pm
read the wrong line the first time. 
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2023 at 10:10am
I seem to remember another scam selling a window about a year ago
JamoJones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamoJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2023 at 2:13pm
I had the same thing from what seems like the same person, but they were in Tenn.  They had the seat I posted as wanted, $200 delivered.  I was not giving any online info and told them I'd send a check...and told them to wait until it cleared before sending the seat.  They refused to work on that basis at all and wanted money electronically transferred.  I told them thanks but no thanks...
1986 Silver Nautique #49 of 82
1987 Ski Nautique 2001
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2023 at 11:09pm
SCAM

I've seen others get burned from these on other forums. DON'T DO IT.

horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2023 at 11:06am
Can we ban 2 shortz? He's at it again. Same mmasariu user name referred to. Pulls pics off of eBay pretending that someone else's parts are his.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2023 at 3:46pm
Should PM Keith for sure
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2023 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by 67 ski nat 67 ski nat wrote:

Should PM Keith for sure

Keith is on it.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic