NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

diacom reading for Excalibur 07'

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: diacom reading for Excalibur 07'
    Posted: June-06-2023 at 3:03pm
Most all of my gauges don't work and waiting on replacement. New boat to me so I had the codes read now I have questions
1. PO thought the engine had around 500 hours Diacom say 257 from ECU 
thoughts ? could the ECU stop recording said 1700 starts 
2. What is engine load it said 83% ? 
3. Will check engine light go away on its own ? it said faulty knock sensor I replaced both but light is still on 
Thanks ! now I've got a newer nautique hopefully I can still use yall's knowledge  
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2023 at 7:49pm
Congrats on the Nautique! Is the Excalibur engine the GM 5.3/6.0 LS series engine? I believe they had issues with the knock sensor as well as harness that goes to them.
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2023 at 10:12pm
Thanks,
It’s a 5.7 330.
I replaced the sensors I believe diacom said they were currently working.
The guy that plugged it in worked on I/os and didn’t know about Nautique’s. I’m new to diacom. He could not clear the code so I still have check engine light which has been on for years. Nearest dealer is couple hours away
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2023 at 7:00am
I'm not sure but I think you have MEFI 4/4B for your engine control system and if you click on the link below you'll have lots of reading. It's the PCM MEFI 4/4B diagnostic manual. It's from Planet Nautique's manual section

And when you get tired of reading and wanna kick back and watch some videos, here a link to Rinda Technologies videos on YouTube

The one titled "Diacom Marine in depth look at engine fault codes" should be helpful. 

Actually they all should be helpful

You'll also find lots of info on Rinda's website.

I don't know much about Diacom at all, having only messed with it a couple of times with somebody who knew what they were doing.

They did the work and I asked lots of questions 

You'll find more people familiar with this stuff on PN................at least a couple more Wink

malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2023 at 9:04am
Thanks I dove into the start of it . It is my understanding that is a OBD2 along with diacom. The manuals are defiantly helpful.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2023 at 11:44am
I think you'll find that OBD 2 equipment. can't plug into MEFI systems.

They each tell you a lot of info about the respective systems they're made for, but you can't use one for the other
malibud View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malibud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2023 at 12:34pm
I wasn't sure as the manual refers to Diacom and a DTC tool (i thought was OBD 2) separately.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic