Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help Identifying Boom?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wepucci View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wepucci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Identifying Boom?
    Posted: July-31-2023 at 6:46pm
Last week I let my boom fall into the lake.  After much effort I recovered the outer piece.  Unfortunately the inner piece was not attached.  I've attached some pictures of the recovered  portion to this email.    I thought if I could identify the manufacturer perhaps I could buy the missing, inner piece.  The original owner of my boat (a 1997 nautique) bought the boom when he bought the boat but doesnt recall who he purchased it from.  I can't find any pictures of booms online that look similar (for starters it seems that all currently available booms have two cables, not one like mine).

The outer section is 6 ft long and approx 1-1/4" diamater. There is a groove with a slightly smaller diameter near the end of the outer section to receive a 5 ft  leader  The missing inner piece has a larger diameter (i estimate 2"ish diameter) and is just under 4 ft long..  The outer section slides inside of the inner section and they overlap approx 6".    There is no spring loaded nub or anything.    There  is, however, a "notch" to prevent the outer section from rotating.

Hoping I might get lucky and someone might recognize what I am describing / what is shown in the photos?

Thank you.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2023 at 7:07pm
Looks like a Bemman. I may know someone with an inner half, I’ll confirm.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2023 at 9:50am
Congrats, that is a Bemman, the best boom out there.

https://www.usa-wwf.org/Award-of-Distinction/Rob-Bemman

https://bemmanscustomdesign.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic