NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trailer Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trailer Question
    Posted: May-10-2024 at 11:42pm
Not trying to be silly but if you like the boat, modify the garage opening.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-10-2024 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

A skinny #3 from the 70's, early 80's is 90 inches wide, TRB says a #4 is skinnier than a later #3 whose width I'm not sure of, but probably not enough to really make a difference for you  I'd guess the #4 is at least the width of the early #3 at 90 inches.

FWIW, my ‘89 4DV measures 89.25” at the fenders.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Nelson Nelson wrote:

That's a fair question. But I have measured it several times hoping the door stretched. The door opening taking the trim into account is like 7'6"  and the training is about 3 inches wider than that at the fenders. 

No Bueno.... 

Nelson   

Even less bueno, I doubt the CC trailer will go through your door opening unless you can thread a needle like nobody's business.

A skinny #3 from the 70's, early 80's is 90 inches wide, TRB says a #4 is skinnier than a later #3 whose width I'm not sure of, but probably not enough to really make a difference for you  I'd guess the #4 is at least the width of the early #3 at 90 inches.

See the thread in the link below.

It doesn't look very narrow in the picture you posted.

I'd also be asking the guy to tell you the width across the fenders outside to outside.

At least you'll have a trailer that fits the boat better though Wink
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 2:48pm
That's a fair question. But I have measured it several times hoping the door stretched. The door opening taking the trim into account is like 7'6"  and the training is about 3 inches wider than that at the fenders. 

No Bueno.... 

Nelson   
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Nelson Nelson wrote:

The people on this site have never let me down, I recommend it all the time.

Yup, so much better than Facebook boat or CC specific pages. Over there you would have gotten 452 responses, 450 of which would either be totally off topic or flat out wrong.  The other 2 would be Pete asking you why you want a new trailer and maybe another one of them would actually be useful or helpful.  Just kidding about Pete and, giving him some credit, he is helpful over there.  Disappointed he's gone from here, but he's becoming quite the social media pro.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 12:06pm
A valid question for sure. Good news in this case, as the 4DV is narrower than the #3 (at least the later ones) and can fit through a trimmed 8’ wide door with a few inches to spare.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 11:47am
Maybe the question shouldn't even be asked.......but then again, maybe it should Wink

How wide is this garage door opening that the Yacht Club trailer won't fit through?
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 11:06am
Oh! And thank you for all the help. The people on this site have never let me down, I recommend it all the time. 

And yes I know those aren't the right stickers.....lol

Nelson 
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 11:03am
No you are correct (nice detective work). It's about 3 hours away. I have been looking for a trailer for some time (at least one close to me). I have a Yacht  Club bunk trailer now (old pic) but the tracking fins don't clear the cross members so I have to float the boat on/off the trailer (pain in the @ss), not to mention it's to wide to fit in my garage. For the money I think I'm going to give this one a shot. I don't think I can get hurt and can turn it around if it doesn't fit. 

1986 Ski Nautique 2001
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 10:39am
It is a 4DV that originally came under a ‘80 Martinique. A #3 is technically correct for a 2001, but I suspect your 86 would likely fit alright since his TSC did. Have seen a NWZ on a 4DV as well that fit pretty good. I haven’t loaded one though, the bunks don’t taper or extend as far forward on the DV trailers (they were intended to be parallel to the strakes and not cross them), so I’d pay close attention to clearances and fitment the first time I put the boat on one.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 7:58am
My private eye skills? tell me that you're not close at all.Wink

He's in Rindge NH and you're in Lewiston ME. Long haul

The more I look at the picture here and the ones he has on FB marketplace, I think it's not a #3 trailer and it's bigger like a  4DV maybe.It has more crossmembers than a #3 and the bunks look more like the bunks on a deep v trailer.

Somebody with the initials TRB needs to look at your thread and tell you what he thinks this trailer is.

I sent him a PM

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 7:49am
I guess that if you were to ask him for a measurement between the fenders, it would be good info, but if that newer one in the picture fits, you'd think that your boat should fit.

How close are you to the seller, can you do a test fit?

Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-09-2024 at 7:34am
Thank you for all the info! Not as straight forward as I thought. I did ask the seller for more measurements he sent me this photo of it with a newer Nautique on it. 

1986 Ski Nautique 2001
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-08-2024 at 7:38pm
And..........here's an old CCF thread with some info in the link below

That guy raised his bunks 2 1/2 inches but was looking for something that fit better

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2024 at 5:49pm
Since a 1986 is quite a bit wider  than an 80, it's not gonna fit between the fenders without some trailer modification assuming that's  a standard #3 in your picture. It looks like one

The bunks are lower than the fenders and an 80 fits in between the fenders, the 86 would be resting on the fenders instead of the bunks without axle/fender or bunk mods.

Here's a picture of a late 70's hull on a standard #3 so you can see the fit between the fenders.

Plus being about a foot longer it'll hang off the back more than an 80 already does on a standard #3.

Nelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-07-2024 at 2:22pm
Hello everyone,
I have a trailer question. I think I know the answer but thought I would tap into this groups knowledge to be certain. I have a 1986 Ski Nautique 2001, will it fit on a Correct Craft trailer from 1980? Picture below. I think it will with no issue but can't hurt to ask. 
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic