Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Year model

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mitchy197333 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchy197333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Year model
    Posted: June-03-2024 at 4:57pm
BSS 2031
1969 barracuda SS ? Or 1970
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2024 at 6:02pm
Feeling kinda lonely and neglected because nobody answered your other post yesterday?  Wink

Maybe you've already searched here on CCF, but here's a link to some reading about Barracuda Super Sport serial numbers. Not a lot of reading but there's some

You'll see that BSS 2000 seemed to be a 1968

That would make 68 or 69 a lot more likely than 70.

Pictures could help you a lot too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchy197333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2024 at 6:30pm
No not lonely or neglected none the less. I’ve checked on the link you provided previously. I’m still thinking it’s a 69. It has all the gauges in metal insert. No holes cut in the dash or console. Bucket sets. With console. Throttle / fwd, rev twin sticks in console. Is there not a correct craft registry? I had heard years ago that a lot of CC records were lost due to a fire… or maybe it was when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2024 at 7:48pm
Nice tie-in to Animal House.  John Belushi would be proud.  Well done.
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2024 at 7:49pm
Blutarsky  I think he was the historian Wink

Without pictures I don't think anybody is gonna tell you anything any more conclusive than what you're thinking or have found with your searches.

The guy you're thinking of is Art Cozier, he had records access, but after the Nazi bombing some were destroyed

He used to be on here, might be on Facebook. It's been over 2 years since he last logged in to CCF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchy197333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2024 at 8:06pm
lol nice! … funny, I just had a imagine of John B behind the wheel of a Barracuda. Ok. I’ll post some pics. Thanks and shamalama ding dong
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2024 at 8:26pm
You went and did it now Mitchy...............this thread will probably turn into an Animal House thread with a little bit of Barracuda stuff mixed in Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchy197333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2024 at 7:03pm
Fat, drunk. And stupid is no way to go through life. That’s what dad use to say. No, actually my daddy always said: “ son, if you’re going to be stupid, you’ve got to be tough ! “ for years I thought we was praising me lol uploading pics…

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitchy197333 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2024 at 7:29pm
As soon as I figure out how to upload images. Daddy always said lol if it smells like cologne, leave it alone, if it smells like fish, eat all you wish. lol please remember when I learned to water ski. It was on a pair of cypress gardens. Wearing a ski belt, we ( my family ) did not know what “ no wake under a bridge “ meant. We did not know when the skier fell, to circle around with the ski rope. Yes, whoever was skiing had to swim to get the rope lol. Talking about the Beverly hillbillies;being pulled by a 73’ish Mark Twain - Tom Sayluor ( misspelled I know ) there’s a reason those days are called the good old days.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic