Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aqua Performance Swim Platform Step Ladder

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1980SN2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aqua Performance Swim Platform Step Ladder
    Posted: June-21-2024 at 4:51pm
Anyone have experience with the Aqua Performance retractable step ladders? I’m looking at the 1063TL. My wife’s or my parents are regularly on the boat with us and it’s difficult for them to get out of the water using the swim platform. I like the idea of the self retracting ladder and it seems like a quality product but was hoping to get some first hand reviews.
1980 SN Project
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-21-2024 at 6:32pm
https://aquaperformance.com/instructions/
https://aquaperformance.com/self-retracting-under-mount-accord-step-ladder-1063tl/

Looks like a nice product, would like to see a video being used in the water.
I put a 36 inch retractable ladder on a 79 nautique and it was easy to board.

18 inch drop may require a grab handle instead of trying to get a couple fingers in between the teak strips.

Be nice if the drop down bar was telescopic pop it back short after it folds back up into stowed position under the plat form, that would make deep water boarding easy and therefore more enjoyable for the folks you mentioned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2024 at 9:23am
I agree that 18" doesnt seem like it would be enough and would definitely need to install a handle as well. They make a 34" version but because it doesn't telescope like you mentioned it would almost certainly hang past the edge of the swim deck quite a bit. 

How did you mount your ladder to your swim deck? Through bolts?
1980 SN Project
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2024 at 3:33pm
I was thinking about getting this and installing the tabs it goes into right opposite my teak step on the back side of my boat.  Maybe even doing both sides.  Just can't seem to pull the trigger on new holes in my boat.

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2024 at 8:04pm
My boat didn't come with a platform, only the brackets. Did a custom job with concealed t nuts that attached it all together. Have plenty of pics but can't remember how to upload.
You'd have to thru bolt.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2024 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by wayoutthere wayoutthere wrote:

https://aquaperformance.com/instructions/
https://aquaperformance.com/self-retracting-under-mount-accord-step-ladder-1063tl/

Thanks for posting the link to the ladder. I will try to remember to do that from now on. Smile

Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

I was thinking about getting this and installing the tabs it goes into right opposite my teak step on the back side of my boat.  Maybe even doing both sides.  Just can't seem to pull the trigger on new holes in my boat.

That seems like it would be easy to climb out of the water with. Agreed on making new holes in the boat, that is a tough trade off.

Originally posted by wayoutthere wayoutthere wrote:

My boat didn't come with a platform, only the brackets. Did a custom job with concealed t nuts that attached it all together. Have plenty of pics but can't remember how to upload.
You'd have to thru bolt.

I have a problem with drilling holes through the teak swim deck. I think I would attach some aluminum plate underneath and attach it to the teak deck with an appropriate amount of short lag bolts so it would be hidden from the top and then attach the swim ladder brackets to the aluminum plate. I really like the idea of this being self retractable. I called Aqua Performance and they said you need 22" from the transom to the edge of the swim deck to mount their double step ladder. I am leaning more towards that option.

1980 SN Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2024 at 3:36pm

picture storage

Not sure how thick the teak is or how intact it may be on your platform
My choice would be thru bolted for cost, speed of installation. Screwed or lagged from the bottom, just waiting to tear out in my opinion. Small clamps scuppers andrunning lights are screwed on but if it's important it should be thru bolted. My 2 cents.

Yes i like that 2 step ladder, figured out pics and thats the broad stroke how i built it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2024 at 11:04am
I remember reading about this project, amazing work you did! Agreed the best way would be to through bolt it.
1980 SN Project
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2024 at 11:46am
Please post up whatever you end up doing.  There are few pictures of finished threads on this topic.  I have searched. 

The wife needs new knees and a hip so I am motivated to do something.  

Her solution is a pontoon!   

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2024 at 2:23pm
I have been wanted to go this route with the retractable ladder below platform. I'm only 20 inches from transom to edge of platform. Going to give that outfit a call and see what makes the most sense and what will fit with that width.

Ultra...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic