Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

limp mode

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dn4155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dn4155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: limp mode
    Posted: July-22-2024 at 11:42am
I have a 2006 ,206 ,5.7 ski nautique and after pulling skiers was in idle and went to start again and boat would only go in limp mode, shut off boat then turned it on again and it worked fine again but it did that 3 times, no warning or buzzers went off ,all fluids are good and engine temp are fine .any suggestions 
JTBMD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTBMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2024 at 1:14pm
There are only two events that can put the PCM Excal 330 into limp mode. One being low oil pressure the other being high engine temperature. Assuming you have confirmed you have normal oil pressure and engine temperature the issue you are experiencing is due to a faulty oil pressure SWITCH (not the SENSOR) or a faulty engine temperature SWITCH (not the SENSOR). There is a lot of information on PlanetNautique.com about limp mode in newer engines including some pictures of the location of the switches.
James
dn4155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dn4155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2024 at 2:53pm
thank you I'll start searching the forum
dn4155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dn4155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2024 at 7:45pm
I did search planet nautique and found other problems similar to mine, mine would only idle in gear no matter how much gas you gave it. I also read that it could be a throttle position switch. 
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2024 at 8:41pm
JTBMD from Indian Wells sounds a lot like an old member with a new screen name Wink
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2024 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by dn4155 dn4155 wrote:

I did search planet nautique and found other problems similar to mine, mine would only idle in gear no matter how much gas you gave it. I also read that it could be a throttle position switch. 

That's not a description of Limp Mode AKA Power Reduction Mode for your 06 Chevy engine, but I think you've figured that out already. Wink

Here's a link to a manual that may or may not help you, but it describes power reduction mode on page 15 of the printed manual.

I think you're probably on the right track with the Throttle Position Sensor
dn4155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dn4155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2024 at 1:01pm
thanks again and yes, the limp mode description is different from my problem the more I read the more learn these forums are a great. I'm going to start repairs soon and I will post my results. My wife's family has been a Nautique family starting with a 1965 glass ski nautique 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic