Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Boat Id

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Browntown07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browntown07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Boat Id
    Posted: July-23-2024 at 6:43pm
Hi All,

I need help identifying my recent purchase. From the Hull ID number I found out it was built April of 78, but couldn't find much more about it.

Hull ID number: CTC08068M78I

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks,
Sam
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2024 at 6:47pm
A bit more info would be nice:  Pictures, hull number, history, etc.
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browntown07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2024 at 6:53pm
Post updated! I was working on my phone and posted before it was ready.

Thanks,
Sam
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2024 at 8:40am
Looks to me like it's a 78 Ski Nautique that's had about 46 years of wear, tear, and all kinds of "stuff" done to it during that time. Wink

It's a 351W Commander engine that probably has an automotive carburetor and definitely has a choke that doesn't work since the power wire to it isn't connected.

If you take a picture of the front of the carburetor with the flame arrestor off like in the picture below, the list number will tell what you have for a carburetor 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browntown07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2024 at 9:36am
Appreciate the response and thanks for confirming my suspicion.

This boat has definitely seen better days. I've been working on fixing the wiring currently. Previous owner just ran a new wire from the battery to get power. Kill switch didn't work and ignition had power as soon as you put the battery leads on.

I'm fairly certain that it is an automotive carb. Here is a photo of the carb. I found a good bit of information on Holley's website for the 80457 but did not see any listed with the -13. I only saw -1 through -7. 

-Sam
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2024 at 6:33am
That's a Holley Street Warrior  carburetor and we know there aren't any streets on the water Wink

It has less protection against overflowing float bowls/ fuel leakage  causing a fire/explosion than a marine Holley.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browntown07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2024 at 1:37pm
Excellent,thanks for the carb Id. One more thing to add to my list.
Sam
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic