NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leaky carb? Something else?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leaky carb? Something else?
    Posted: Today at 6:02pm

Is this mess a simple case of a stuck float?  I took the bowl off after seeing this. Gasket is pretty beat up so I cant reassemble until kit comes in next week.

A little history.  Maybe someone has other tips for me.

Boat has run great for 5 years.

Every now and then I check top speed, just to check.  Its down a couple MPH from 44ish to 42ish.  Wasnt to concerned, dont need 44 so I was going to wait for off season to look into it.

Then started loping at idle.  Did that 5 years ago. I fixed it by taking bowls off and cleaning out everything you can get to by doing that, which fixed the loping problem.

Did the same thing this time, but was much more hasty about it, which may be my problem.

After reassembly, loping was gone, high speed not affected.

But then, started running rough at all speeds and being a little resistant to start.  Thats when I took off flame arrestor and saw the fuel running all over the place.

Since the loss of high speed, I was also thinking fuel filter (inline, not cannister or the newer boats) might be worth replacing.  Not done yet.

Any other thoughts/ideas?

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 7:53pm
Since it looks like all the fuel is coming from the secondary float bowl, I'd guess that taking that bowl off will show you the problem.

Could be junk between the needle and seat or assuming that you pulled the float off as part of the cleaning, that pesky little circlip that holds the float to it's pivot shaft may have come off and the float no longer pivots the way it should and is holding the needle and seat open causing the overflow.

Can't hurt to replace the filter along with fixing the inlet needle and seat leakage Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic