Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cleats for 87 nautique 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
guest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cleats for 87 nautique 2001
    Posted: August-31-2004 at 6:25pm
looking for suggested mounting areas, I don't want to drill through gunwhale. Are there any good retractable cleats? And, what type of material is best, alum., galvanized, or s.s.? Thanks for any help.

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2004 at 1:00pm
Guest:

There are some good looking retractable cleats on the market (in my opinion). I tend to like the cleats that Master Craft uses on some of their boats. It is a retractable cleat the extracts with the push of a button and pops up firmly. Master Craft provides a recess in the fiberglass so the cleat is truely flush, but this is not necessary. There are others that you manually retract by pulling up and then they stay put via friction.

By all means, only purchase stainless cleats. Do a search on Google and look in the usual places such as www.overtons.com, www.boatus.com, www.westmarine.com, etc.

Just mount them anywhere you want after making sure that there is nothing below to interfer with the installation. No harm in mounting on the gunwales (aka gunnel, note that there is no h in gunwale). Also note that some cleats will have plastic pockets that catch and drain away water, via a tube, to the bilge. Good luck.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic