Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blown Trailer Tire x3!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
joelhern2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelhern2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blown Trailer Tire x3!!
    Posted: October-09-2007 at 12:21am
Here's the deal: The past two trips when trailering the boat over 150 miles I have blown the right front tire on the trailer. Same tire location all three times...so that tells me that its not a defective tire that is the cause.

Again, this is a 1991 Correct Craft tandem trailer...the front right tire is blowing out...Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Joel
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 1:02am
Is there anything that the tire could be rubbing on inside the fender? Does the trailer have brakes, if so what kind electric or surge?
HOJO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOJO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 3:18am
Keep on hauling
87 Pro Star 190
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 10:48am
I had this happen with my fathers boat this year.We even made sure that the load ranges on the tires exceeded the weight of the boat also.Found out that the rim was just slightly bent when the tire place had put tires on the rims previously.It was such a slight bend that you could only see it at slow speeds.That could also be your problem .One question,was it extremely hot out when you were pulling the boat.The heat from the roads can effect this and add to your problem.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 3:54pm
It could also be losing air (from the valve, or bead seat), heating up, and then blowing out. Check the pressure often to see if it is dropping before blowing out.
SeattleFordFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeattleFordFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 4:12pm
Does the axle have a slight bend, pulling the tire ever so slightly sideways? Is your trailer level when towing, or does the hitch allow it to sag a little forward?
Travs

Where there is a will, there is a way, and where there is a way, it usually costs more money.

1980 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2007 at 4:57pm
You may want to swap the forward and rear tire on that side, that may isolate the problem to the wheel or axle should it occur again.
1973Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1973Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2007 at 12:49am
My father in law had a similar problem on his tandem axle camper, the tire dude said it was because he stored it parked on unlevel ground which caused the one tire to hold more weight for several weeks at a time. He parked it level and hasn't had problems since.
If it doesn't need work, I can't afford it!
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2007 at 12:34am
I know a guy who blew 4 new tires from Milwaukee to the Lake of the Ozarks. Turns out he didn't know there was a BIG difference between trailer rated tires and passenger vehicle tires. Put on the correct tires and used them for the next 7 years with out issue.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2007 at 8:25pm
Jolelhern2, did you ever figure out your trailer tire problem?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic