Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another Starting Issue

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Starting Issue
    Posted: December-02-2007 at 4:02pm
Hey guys,

I have a 85 SN 2001 and trying to get it started so I can winterize it, been real busy lately so its been in the heated garage. Last time it ran was October 21st. Its been on trickle charger since then. So I am assumeing battery is ok. It cranks over but there seems to be no ignition going on. I pulled the wire from the distributor to check for spark there is none that I can see. Is it the Ignition Solinoid that is shot it looks original to me bought the boat this summer and put 40 hrs on it since middle of July.

Let me know because next weekend I am going North to go snowmobiling in my buddys field.

Thanks
Phil
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2007 at 6:13pm
If the engine cranks, the solenoid is not the problem. If you have no spark, the problem could be one of 3 things:
-the ignition module or points arent breaking
-the coil is dead
-youre not getting 12V to the + side of the coil

Break out the voltmeter and start troubleshooting.
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2007 at 6:36pm
Thanks

Figured it out stupid choke problem apparently

All done going to take the plugs out now and squirt some mystery oil in each cylinder and antiseize on the thread for the plugs.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic