Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

vertiglass/newglass2 ???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
joes83sn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joes83sn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vertiglass/newglass2 ???
    Posted: January-19-2008 at 12:43pm
Just wondering, has any one used vertiglass or new glass2 to coat their fiberglass?
does it work?
Im thinking about trying the newglass2 product to seal/shine my 83 nautique
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 3:29pm
I used vertiglass on my 87 SN back when the gelcote was a light grey and blue. It really worked to produce deeper colors and a nice shine. But the real solution to the problem is some wet sanding and buffing.
Bill
http://www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks
www.freewebs.com/billsboatworks 1987 SN Rebuild Project
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 6:29pm
Sorry for the thread jack -

Where have you been Bill? Were you deployed? Did you find your new boat yet?
This winter hasn't been the same as last without your daily progress to view.

Regards,

BKH
Livin' the Dream

SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 7:51pm
Been very busy for the last four months. Just volunteered for another combat tour, and it is a full 365 days. Answered a few emails here and there from CCfans but had some pretty severe restrictions on web access.

Actually got a new tournament slalom boat before I left. Probably won't see it in the diary section though.

Found out my rebuilt '87 is for sale again. Guess the guy who bought it got sponsored so he doesn't need it anymore.

See that you are a Grand Poobah. That's pretty cool.

Bill

Bill
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by SkiBum SkiBum wrote:

See that you are a Grand Poobah. That's pretty cool.

I think that is Keith's idea of a joke. The only thing of which I'm a poobah is too much time reading boating sites on the internet.

Sounds like the new boat is not a CC. That's ok. I'm sure folks would like to hear what you ended up with.

Your name is brought up here frequently. Folks are thinking of you and wishing you a safe return.

BKH

PS Joes 83, again, sorry for the threadjack.
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2008 at 11:31pm
I too want to thread jack to send my greetings and best wishes to The ski bum. Man we all miss you on here as BKH said.

I too had the same thought when you said we wouldn't be seeing your new ride on here...but I hope you know you are always welcome here. And lots of guys are here without C/C's...like backfoot100 and they all have something to add just like you.

Please stay safe. I bet the guys in your command are darn glad to have you.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 11:18am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I too want to thread jack to send my greetings and best wishes to The ski bum. Man we all miss you on here as BKH said.

john

Ditto, stay safe Bill.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 11:26am
God Speed and God Bless Bill. Praying for a safe and speedy return.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
SkiBum View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 3:22pm
Thanks everyone, I am back in the US now; waiting for orders to ship out again this spring. Volunteered for a mission in Afghanistan this time.

Figure the internet filters must have blocked the site because of that "Name this boat" string last year?
Bill
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 3:33pm
Bill, We all missed you. Your "how to" threads on the stringers and gel have been and still are referenced to frequently.

Yes, take care over there. You have my support.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic