Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle Drift.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
schmity5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmity5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle Drift.
    Posted: January-25-2008 at 7:26pm
Hello,

This last year (July 07) I purchased a very nice 1998 CN with the GT-40 engine. When I first ran it I noticed that the engine rpm’s didn’t pick up until I had the throttle pushed half way through the action. A the end of my ski session (I live in North Dakota) I noticed that the engine rpm’s would increase slightly after the clutch engaged; about 5 degrees after the clutch. Has anyone else had this issue of throttle drift? It doesn’t seem to be a problem, just wanted to check. I was thinking it might have something to do with my perfect pass but don’t know.

Thanks,
Chris
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 7:32pm
It sounds like your throttle cable is out of adjustment. The engine should start accelerating as soon as you push the throttle past idle.
schmity5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmity5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 7:37pm
Do you know where a newbie would find the adjustment specs.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2008 at 7:47pm
Tis a little trickier with a perfect pass because when it is on it works by effectively making the throttle cable longer and shorter to control speed. You need to make sure that there is zero free play check this manual out got to page 17 and it will show you where you need to make sure there is no free play in the system.

You maybe experiencing perfectly normal pass operation but check it out and make sure. I would think that there is a far greater chance of the perfect pass being out of adjustment than the throttle base on my experience with the two systems.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
east tx skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote east tx skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2008 at 11:52pm
Between my SN and my old 93 MC, the Nautique with the GT-40 definitely has a little more idle range in the throttle throw than did the MC. That said, 1/2 the range of the throttle is much more than I'm experiencing. I just chalked mine up to my not being used to it when I first got it.
1998 Ski Nautique (Red & Silver Cloud); GT-40; Perfect Pass Stargazer; Acme 422.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic