Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

70 Mustang Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
70mustangky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70mustangky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 70 Mustang Trailer
    Posted: February-26-2008 at 1:20am
I just purchased a 70 mustang on a homemade trailer. The trailer came apart while it was being brought up to me by the transporter and the boat came off the trailer. Insurance should cover it but if not I will need a trailer and a rudder for this boat. If anyone has one in southeast that will work let me know.
Thanks

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 4:02pm
Chad, welcome.

How bad is the trailer damaged? Depending on how rough it is, another trailer may cost more than it would to fix what you have. Im a big fan of originality, but that homemade job looks pretty similar to a CC trailer.

On another note, cool boat. It looks to have a Holman-Moody 302. Make sure you go through it thoroughly- I dont think the distributor is a marine unit, and the carb may not be either. Also check the alt, starter and fuel lines. Non-marine parts are a serious safety hazard.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2008 at 10:08pm
Chad , where are you located??????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70mustangky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 8:22pm
I am located in Paducah, KY.
Thanks for info.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70mustangky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 8:23pm
It is a holman moody 302
the boat is in Cadiz KY right now at my father in laws and I am waiting for Insurance to find out what is going on with it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70mustangky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Chad, welcome.

How bad is the trailer damaged? Depending on how rough it is, another trailer may cost more than it would to fix what you have. Im a big fan of originality, but that homemade job looks pretty similar to a CC trailer.

On another note, cool boat. It looks to have a Holman-Moody 302. Make sure you go through it thoroughly- I dont think the distributor is a marine unit, and the carb may not be either. Also check the alt, starter and fuel lines. Non-marine parts are a serious safety hazard.

How would I determine if it is a marine unit or not and where would I purchase correct parts?
Thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by 70mustangky 70mustangky wrote:

How would I determine if it is a marine unit or not and where would I purchase correct parts?
Thanks

Pull the flame arrestor off the carb and see if it has J-tubes like this:

You can get marine parts from places like SkiDIM or Summit Racing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70mustangky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2008 at 11:26pm
Thanks for the info.
Chad
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic