NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
taxabel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taxabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery
    Posted: March-04-2008 at 5:24pm
The non-felony type. I have a '84 with the small battery compartment. I need a new battery and was wondering which type to buy. I am a fair weather sailor and so the boat sits in the garage until nice weather. What do you think?
84raidertique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 5:36pm
I put a $60 Everstart Maxx-65N (from walmart) in my boat last spring. Great battery for a great price with a great warranty- it got very good reviews online. If you have a huge stereo that you plan to run with the boat off, you may want to consider an Optima blue top- but if not, you cant beat this one for $100 less.

Its the right size to fit in our battery boxes- I plan to put the same one in my other boats this year.
JUST-IN-TIME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUST-IN-TIME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2008 at 8:30pm
sears amg batteries are oddessy batteries which are the best in the market right now
www.switchbait.com
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 12:55am
I'm with Tim,plus there's a Walmart everywhere if it internal breaks.Instead of the slow death.I always move them to a tractor or work truck after 2 seasons.

Remember when they had (prob. still do for more money)dual post?Top and sides,well one failed me,the side + went out.It threw me into cable,starter and scratching my head.
Second trip I got a test light and a 12 pack,problem solved!

Munday
If the only tool you have is a hammer,everything starts to look like a nail.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by JUST-IN-TIME JUST-IN-TIME wrote:

sears amg batteries are oddessy batteries which are the best in the market right now

wrong, not even close
JUST-IN-TIME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUST-IN-TIME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 6:49pm
sears batteries are made by oddessy
give them a call
www.switchbait.com
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 7:27pm
I've had good luck with NAPA batteries. I've got a Legend going in one boat this year for its 7th summer. I bought a marine battery last summer that seems like a great battery and was about $80.00. First marine battery I ever bought.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 8:36pm
So what is the difference between an auto battery & a marine one? Vibration resistance?

Pete, this is an easy one for you!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 9:04pm
Nothing internal!! It's the terminal posts with the additional stud in it. The marine also has a handle on them but I did notice the last batteries I bought for my truck had the handles too. They were Napa. Bruce, I too have always had good luck with the Napa. I don't use "marine" unless I need the studs.

The AMG's are truly a good battery but the cost is high.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
bill1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 9:36pm
a battery is a battery is a battery....... put one in with at least 500 cca's and enjoy the boat.
bill
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2008 at 10:02pm
I agree with Tim, the Everstart is hard to beat. The Everstart battery that came in my boat lasted 10 years.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic