Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10156
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 5:34pm

Topic: Can`t find other drain plug hole
Posted By: Hawg
Subject: Can`t find other drain plug hole
Date Posted: April-15-2008 at 11:01pm
I just brought a 1963 correct craft American skier that was ready for winter and I am trying to get it ready for the water I found 3 out off 4 water drain plug one on each side side of motor (v-6 buick)one down by transmission looks like pump of some sort. When i start the engine water comes out by flywheel but I cannot find plug hole can any help thanks

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: April-15-2008 at 11:14pm
1 plug on each side of block
1 plug on each exhaust manifold
1 plug in older style trans oil cooler?
1 plug in bottom of some water pumps?

Sounds like the oil cooler??

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: April-16-2008 at 5:27am
Thanks I`ll take alook around there

Date Posted: January-21-2009 at 1:33pm
Hey found other hole freeze plug behind flywheel rusted though replaced run last summer Now have another question noticed that at one time the block has been welded where cracked they had placed black substance over weld like sealer on out side off block anybody know what it was would like to replace it good news no water in oil so looks like outside crack only would like to replace block or motor later on if anybody knows of one Thanks for Help Also this boat has steering on left side anybody have pics would like to restore Thanks

Posted By: 86BFN
Date Posted: January-21-2009 at 1:41pm
Welcome to the site.
This is in the reference section. Hope it helps.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/reference/1963_brochure/ - 1963 Broshure

Steve

-------------
👣 Steve
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=4057&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1986&yrend=1986" rel="nofollow - 86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: January-21-2009 at 1:50pm
Your American skier was built with a port side helm because of the V6 engine that was standard in them. The V6 was only available in a standard rotation (LH) so to counteract the prop torque twisting the hull over to starboard, the helm is port. The reverse is true for RH rotation boats.

Keep a close eye on the block repair - sounds like a PO did some epoxy work on it. It may hold for it's lifetime and may go tomorrow! Good you don't have any water in the oil. Keep a eye on it too.

For pictures, go into our diary section and do a American Skier search and you'll find I think 5 or 6 boats.

How about some pictures of your boat?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Print Page | Close Window