Print Page | Close Window

Boarding with bad back.....

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10342
Printed Date: June-25-2024 at 7:24pm

Topic: Boarding with bad back.....
Posted By: paul96cc
Subject: Boarding with bad back.....
Date Posted: April-30-2008 at 8:35pm
I have a bad back, used to water ski but being pulled out of the water on a ski was to much pressure on my lower back. So I switched to wakeboarding because you pop up so fast on a board, it still gives my back trouble. Anyone else ski with a bad back? Any suggestions on technique or what to ski on, how to get up? My friend says his air chair is very easy on the back....anyone agree that that is the easiest on the back? All comments welcome.   -Paul

Replies:
Posted By: LaurelLakeSkier
Date Posted: May-01-2008 at 12:20am
I have a Sky Ski hydrofoil and I'd say it is pretty easy on the back. So far however, I've been lucky and don't have to contend with a bad back. If you are having back pain issues on a wakeboard start, you may have the same trouble with the hydrofoil. The initial pull out of the water is similar to the pressure you get with a wakeboard. Once up and flying, you will have almost no strain or pull.

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: May-01-2008 at 12:33am
Sky Ski is the only waterskiing "thing" that I have never been hurt doing. If you have a bad back you need to find a personal trainer and have them show you how to strengthen your core muscles. Other than that....Sky Ski is the way to go, just get a shock tower once you start jumping.

Tim

-------------

Posted By: 05 210
Date Posted: May-03-2008 at 1:23am
   Try wakesurfing.It doesn't get much easier on your body than that

Mike

-------------
http:/diaries/details.asp?ID=2219" rel="nofollow - Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: May-03-2008 at 1:35am
Well, I've had some fairly severe back injuries, and a major spinal surgery at T3, right between my shoulder blades. I still ride a wakeboard, though I can't do a lot of tricks, and I get on a water ski once in the while as well. I've never tried an air chair/sky ski. Maybe some day. Until the doctors say "no more" I'll just keep boarding and skiing as my body allows. BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: May-03-2008 at 2:10pm
Paul, have you tried going to a chiropractor? My wife has issues with her back. She goes like every other week to get ajusted. She is able to kneeboard a combo ski but she also has the same attitude as BKH. She'll go until she is told otherwise.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Print Page | Close Window