Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10471
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 3:27am

Topic: Velvet Drive rebuild
Posted By: kevbo2113
Subject: Velvet Drive rebuild
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 1:37pm
Has anyone used Fantastic Finish Marine to rebuild their tranny?

I have a 84 SN with a 351W. its got the "dirty nuetral" issues.

his quote was $795 with a 1 year warranty. sounded good to me . but are they good? any feed back would help. also is there any other central ohio velvet drive options. . Thanks.

-------------
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight.....It's the size of the fight in the dog."
1984 SN 2001

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 1:45pm
he did mine and it lasted 3 months

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 1:46pm
Stay away!!!

Just kidding. Did you notice that FFM is a site sponsor here? Eric is our resident transmission expert and knows his stuff. He's walked me through some issues on the phone at no cost. There are many people here (who Im sure will chime in shortly) who have had their trannys rebuilt by him with great results.

-------------

Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 1:48pm
you have to have 5 posts to get the site discount....

-------------

Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 2:17pm
site discount?

and yes i did notice the sponsor. thats how i got a hold of them. i was starting to panic on who to let work on this thing.

I talked to Darryl , i think. very very helpfull on the phone.

only looking for other options to save some drive time . Im less than and hour north of Columbus and about 1.5hrs from FFM. just checking options , im a new owner. this is my first SN !

-------------
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight.....It's the size of the fight in the dog."
1984 SN 2001

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 2:19pm
Do you mean this guy?

eric lavine
Grand Poobah

I think he only rebuilds lawnmower clutches.

Kev, I wouldn't send a tranmission to anyone but Eric! Glad you found us - don't believe anything you read on those other 2 sites. Not really but we do have the edge here with all the tech experts. Welcome

I would like to caution you on one thing. Don't send the trans to Eric in a bunch of pieces. He gets extra for that!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 3:00pm
i cant remeber who he said he was . but we ended with "just ask for Darryl or Eric" when i show up.

-------------
1984 SN 2001

Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 3:10pm
ask for Dewey or Cheatum either one will take care of you

-------------

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by kevbo2113 kevbo2113 wrote:

just ask for Darryl when i show up.

No, knowing the crew at FFM, that would be - I'm Darryl, this is my brother Darryl and this is my other brother Darryl!!!

What TV show were they on????

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Barracuda
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 3:51pm
Newhart

-------------
Former:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=759" rel="nofollow - '86 Nautique
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=507" rel="nofollow - '65 Barracuda

Posted By: anthonylizardi
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 4:53pm
FFM would be my only choice. When you see what Eric does for all of us and the thousands he save us with his advice you know who you can trust. I never seen a business owner so involved in the community making sure you do things right and willing to help. All the questions I ever had he has always gave me his input. THAT'S WHAT I CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! When time comes for my rebuild I know where is going.

Here is an example. He has been a major advocate for engine aligment. When I mentioned my prop doesn't turn smoothly I was told to check the aligment. I did and I found a http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10392&PN=1&TPN=2 - little surprise . My strut is bent and my transmission is working harder. I bet soon or later my transmission would give up. I hope fixing all this extends my tranny life. That's the things I am talking about.

Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 5:49pm
alright Eric what are you paying these guys !

I'll get that thing pulled out tonight and prob bring it up sometime this week. I'll bring some cookies for all the Daryl's !

how do i get that stupid boat photo off my side menu by my name ? is that that what all us newbies get !

-------------
1984 SN 2001

Posted By: Barracuda
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by kevbo2113 kevbo2113 wrote:

how do i get that stupid boat photo off my side menu by my name ? is that that what all us newbies get !

Kevin- Please edit your profile and remove the 1984 from the diary link field. If you have a diary listing, then you can put your diary id in there.

-------------
Former:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=759" rel="nofollow - '86 Nautique
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=507" rel="nofollow - '65 Barracuda

Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 6:22pm
There we go !! i had to put in a zero. you cant just erase it. Thanks

-------------
1984 SN 2001

Print Page | Close Window