Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10472
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 3:24am

Topic: Velvet Drive leaking.... alot
Posted By: nc2001
Subject: Velvet Drive leaking.... alot
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 2:18pm
well i replaced the rear seal at the end of last year due to a large oil leak that I thought was coming from there. First time out this year I kept an eye on it. Seems like it is leaking where the bearing retainer meets with the case. I put a new gasket there last year as well but I know that it is still dripping. Im losing about 1 qt every few hours, so a big leak. The gasket seemed really thin Anybody know where I can get a BW replacement gasket.

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 3:13pm
what trans? a 10-18 or 10-17 the bolts go thru on the 10-18's and if you dont put a sealer on them they will leak
i probably have one that i could give you, something isnt up to par and it seems as if you have more than a gasket problem, call me if you want to talk about the problem, Eric

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 5:33pm
Do you use the aviation sealant on the threads as well or what do you use.

Thanks Eric will do. Ill call you later this week when I get my new phone, my dumba** dropped mine in the lake this weekend.

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: May-12-2008 at 10:59pm
did you put silicone under the flange nut? and did you look at the seal surface on the output coupling?
i use 580 loctite or pipe dope on the threads if it is a 10-18. on the 10-17 the bolts have the gasket completely surrounding the threads and dont leak,
did you use the right gasket?
Eric

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: May-13-2008 at 12:48pm
its a 10-17. I used the right gasket...the one the completely surronds the bolt holes. I replaced the front gasket as well thinking that it would go next. Its leaking the same amount it was before I replaced them and the front seal wasnt pushed out before so im guessing that the pump didnt push it out this time but I will check.

Anybody got a milk crate? lol

Print Page | Close Window