Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10501
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 5:27am

Topic: FFM !!!!
Posted By: kevbo2113
Subject: FFM !!!!
Date Posted: May-15-2008 at 1:05am
Thanks guys !

Just dropped off my tranny and had all my questions answered and fears rested. Eric is the man. thanks dude.

they gave me some great ideas on things i was wondering about, being a new owner to Nautiques.

I just want to say im sorry for dragging my old man up there with me ! sorry guys ! he can make a five second question become a 30 min discusion.

LATER. KEVIN

-------------
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight.....It's the size of the fight in the dog."
1984 SN 2001

Replies:
Posted By: 62 wood
Date Posted: May-15-2008 at 1:40am
Originally posted by kevbo2113 kevbo2113 wrote:

they gave me some great ideas on things i was wondering about, being a new owner to Nautiques.

I just want to say im sorry for dragging my old man up there with me ! sorry guys ! he can make a five second question become a 30 min discusion.

LATER. KEVIN

Kevin,
Congrats on the SN...you'll love it!

As for your dad,ENJOY your time with him. My dad would come into work a few times a week , grab a cup of coffee, sit in my office and say "dont let me bother you, just keep on working" ... yeah right...

My father passed away unexpectedly a couple months ago.... You dont know how much I would give just to hear him say that one more time.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1117&sort=&pagenum=6" rel="nofollow - 64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: May-15-2008 at 3:26am
Kevin: Gotta agree with Steve.....wish my Dad was around to "drag" somewhere or wish I lived close enough to my som so he could "drag" me somewheres.

I bet the tranny job will turn out great You'll soon get over the rough treatment you got when you first got on here. Hope you stick around.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: May-15-2008 at 9:52am
Gotta agree with you guys, I'm flying 1000 miles this weekend to see my son graduate from HS and then have a cup of coffee with Dad sunday morning. He'll share last seasons fishing stories and best of all we'll cruise this site and check out the Green lake threads and photos.   

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: May-15-2008 at 10:54am
Kevin

Some of us have lost our Dads prematurely, I lost mine 4 years ago to C#%$@R. Savor those road trips with the old man, and realize one thing; those stories that your dad is telling others are not new to you, but they are new and entertaining to other guys.
Good luck with the trans, it sounds like Eric will hook you up.
Steve

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: May-15-2008 at 11:57am
dont worry Kevin, i couldve yacked with him all day, i could see the tension from you in regards to your dad, me and him talked the same language (pump alignment and so on) its not to often you find a guy like him to shoot the *************** about alignment...he knew exactly what he was talking about and understands the end result of MI, btw both bushings were spun in the planetary from the MI, classic example of the damage it causes and Kevin and his father recognized the Mis-alignment and knew it caused the problem they are having. The PO told them nuetral drag was normal which it isnt...Kevin, make sure you bring your dad when you pick up the trans.
Thanks again, Eric

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: May-15-2008 at 1:26pm
hey Eric . just left a message for ya regarding the buffer plate on the flywheel. its a triangle one.

it was damaged , with a couple of breaks on each side.

good Lord ya'll, I love my old man ! it was just a wise crack. dang.

thanks again Eric and FFM

-------------
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight.....It's the size of the fight in the dog."
1984 SN 2001

Date Posted: May-22-2008 at 5:47pm
WOW. That was service ! Eric and the guys at FFM are the real deal.

Eric . we got the thing put back together and plan on runnig our test Fri in the driveway and do a bucket test and all.(5 gal in 20 sec @ 2000rpm) Any last min instructions?

we took about an hour to get our alignment to .002 ! it looks and feels great. filled the trany with about 1 1/2 qt. I plan on putting the water to it and fireing it up letting it run for about 1 to 2 min then checking the level. sound good?

Thanks again guys !

Kev

-------------
1984 SN 2001

Date Posted: May-22-2008 at 7:23pm
hope it works

-------------

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: May-22-2008 at 7:41pm
I just hope mine works

-------------

Date Posted: May-22-2008 at 9:04pm
yeah me too

-------------

Date Posted: May-22-2008 at 9:05pm
Tim, I talked to Dan at Vans and said August is it, and my next call was to Orlando

-------------

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: May-23-2008 at 2:30pm
Kevin
The only thing that this site protects more then our baots is time spent and memories made with our families. I don't let my dad go get gas by himself. If I am there and he is going somewhere, I am going to. You never know what old story might pop into their head that they feel like sharing with you.

For the past month I have been staying at work for an hour after my shift just so me and my dad can walk together for some much needed work out.

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: May-23-2008 at 10:02pm
Dad works at the same plant as you? Cool. Whats his trade?

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: May-27-2008 at 4:23pm
Jbear
My dad is also a Millwright. He was not sure I picked my trade for the right reasons when I picked it. But now he is very happy with my choice. We are even back to working in the same area just different shifts. I like it I get to see him for atleast an hour everyday. When we were in different areas, I didn't always have a chance to make it out to the house to see him.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window