Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10555
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 5:24am

Topic: Flying BFN
Posted By: tullfooter
Subject: Flying BFN
Date Posted: May-20-2008 at 1:05am
I had to adjust the bunks on a hoist that I bought for the BFN. I figure this is the way the boat should be picked up. It beats the heck out of a chain fall and an engine lift.

Steve

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: May-20-2008 at 9:56am
Steve, i lifted an older Sea ray last year and the front peeled like a tuna can, it seperated between the halves, i didnt check if the front eye was attached inside, its nice when your able to lift a boat to work on it.

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Posted By: skicat
Date Posted: May-20-2008 at 10:52am
You might want to check those cranes. They might be a little under sized for the boat. By the way, does your boss know you are using company property for personal use?

Looks like a precast plant to me. Hope your as busy as we are down here. We can't keep up with the demand right now!

-------------
Greg

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=2427&yrstart=1981&yrend=1985" rel="nofollow - 86 BFN

Posted By: 81nautique
Date Posted: May-20-2008 at 11:24am
I think I've got crane envy, I did the engine hoist thing this winter, not a lot of fun.

-------------
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: May-20-2008 at 3:54pm
Steve, Bet that helps alot when it comes time to clean the bottom. Those cranes P&H? We have (5) 60 ton cranes with 20 ton aux hooks, and (1) 70 ton with a 30 ton aux hook in our stamping department. But the boss wont let me hang my boat from it. Not even on the week end when no one is around lucky you.

-------------

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: May-21-2008 at 1:20am
Skicat,
You nailed it. We have a precast plant that produces mostly underground vaults. Sounds like you are in the same type of work. What do you do?
Your economy and business climate in Georgia is doing better than ours here in Michigan

James
The one to the right is a 15 ton P&H, and the one on the left is a twin 30 ton Shawbox (Cleveland). It's nice to have these types of tools to use when everyone goes home.
BTW, it's nice to be the boss!!!
If those hoists had a problem lifting that boat, I might have some wet foam.

Steve

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: 87BFN owner
Date Posted: May-21-2008 at 3:50pm
Steve if you get a chance and happen to think about it. Email me a pic of your trailer with the boat off it. From the pics you have up right now it looks like your bunks on the trailer are different then mine.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window