Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10686
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 5:33am

Topic: Stripes
Posted By: Tomski
Subject: Stripes
Date Posted: June-02-2008 at 2:58pm
On the point of repainting the stripes and just wondered if someone who has a 2001 with the single colour stripe with the large "2001" could tell me:-

1. where does the kick up to take the stripe right to the gunwale start?
2. how deep is the stripe at the point it begins to kick up?
3. How far from the bottom edge of the boat is the stripe at that point?

Also how high and how long are the decals "Ski N..." on the sides, the "2001" and the "Correct Cra..."etc on the transom?

Sorry about the long list of questions.

Tom

I fear time's a wastin' here, the weather's great and the boat is in the barn with a sanded hull, no interior or carpet, no windscreen and still needs a pre-season service!

-------------
Easily Parted From Money

Replies:
Posted By: uk1979
Date Posted: June-03-2008 at 12:54pm
Hi Tomski
Have seen sets on US Ebay,I see you would like to spray paint,you may be able to get a reverse set in mask if you drop them a mail.

You will still be back on the water well before me, that's if all this rain stops,think we have the US guys lakes dropping on us.

Roger.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: June-04-2008 at 8:23am
Well I'm sitting in the office now and it's sunny and warm outside!!

Was up walking in the lakes last saturday and windermere was perfect, almost 10.5 miles of pure butter! That spurred me on a bit, I've been at the unit until 11 every night since then.

I've got to put the screen frame back together tonight - what a jigsaw, should have paid more attention when I dismantled it.

It looks like your project is coming along. I have to say, and don't take this the wrong way, that I'm glad I walked away from that one. Had he offered it to me at the price you paid for it, i'd probably have taken the bait.

-------------
Easily Parted From Money

Posted By: uk1979
Date Posted: June-04-2008 at 2:20pm
Hi Tomski

Keep at it, you will have it back on the water in no time, one of the guys on here has said Boat = Brake Open Another Thousand never a true word said,still its a CC, just think how bad it would be if it was a MC no help around.

Yes we have sun now but for how long.

Roger.

-------------
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN

Date Posted: June-06-2008 at 7:40am
Cheers Roger, I hope so.

My first job when I left school was in a boat yard and I heard a few good "boat=" whilst there. One was that a boat is a hole in the water, lined with fibreglass into which you throw money and another was that sailing was the equivalent of standing in a cold shower in a £500 suit tearing up £50 notes.

I also heard from a proper irishman - the full deal with soft southern accent and wry smile - "you know, Tom, I'll be working on two boats in my life, and you're looking at it - the first and the fecking last!" To be fair to Val he was working on a delapidated WW2 torpedo boat. As wood is your trade, I'm sure you appreciate the rot potential for double diagonal mahogany planking - he reckoned it could rot faster than he could repair it! In fact you should keep that in mind if your stringers start to get on top of you.

Tom

-------------
Easily Parted From Money

Print Page | Close Window