Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10811
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 5:33am

Topic: Looking for hose barb
Posted By: mcbean7
Subject: Looking for hose barb
Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 2:56pm
Hi guys.
I ordered a sea strainer from Skidim and somehow only ordered one hose barb. I was hoping to pick up another one at Home Depot but no luck. I'm looking for a 1.25" straight hose barb. I can always order from skidim but would like to get the strainer in by the weekend so I can take the boat out for Father's Day. I called plumbing supply shops, Home Depot, Ace Hardware. No luck. They do not carry hose barbs that big.
Does anyone know where I can pick this up locally?

Replies:
Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 3:31pm
try a local mom and pop hardware store or a tractor supply store they'll have them just go look by the irrigation stuff for sprinklers. I got mine at a local True Value store so try that.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 3:42pm
John, I'd like to add to Chris's recommendation that going to the store would help. I'd have to say that by phone, the people you talked to didn't know what you were talking about!!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 5:14pm
Chris-I think there's a True Value near by. I'll try them first. Thx.
Pete-I think you're right. I have a hard time believing no plumbing supply places has this part. I called 4 plumbing supply places and no one had this item. I don't think it's that unique/special of an item. If True Value does not have it I will make visits to the places I called. With gas being $4+/gallon I wanted to avoid driving around as much as possible.
Thanks guys.

Posted By: anthonylizardi
Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 5:15pm
I believe I saw something similar at Lowes around the irrigation area.

Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 5:18pm
Anthony-I didn't think to check Lowe's. I figure if Home Depot didn't have it neither will Lowe's. I'll stop by there too on the way home. Thx.

Posted By: 79nautique
Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by mcbean7 mcbean7 wrote:

Anthony-I didn't think to check Lowe's. I figure if Home Depot didn't have it neither will Lowe's. I'll stop by there too on the way home. Thx.

I doubt you will find it in the plumbing section of the store with all of the brass fittings and such, maybe an isle or two over from there just take you time a cruise the isle's and you'll find them.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=756&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1979&yrend=1979 - 79 nautique

Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 5:43pm
Chris-that was exactly where I looked in Home Depot, plumbing section with all the brass fittings. They had hose barbs but not as big as I needed. I asked the sales guy in plumbing and he said "that's all we have". I'll go through Home Depot again and start cruising the aisles.

Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 6:30pm
As I said, I saw similar ones next to the sprinkler systems, not the plumbing section.

Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 6:31pm
thx Anthony...i'll check there.

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 8:34pm
Check by the tubing, flexible vinyl stuff, not the plumbing/pvc.

-------------

Date Posted: June-11-2008 at 9:17pm
Hollywood is right. I remember seeing the flexible tubing. Good luck.

Date Posted: June-12-2008 at 1:27am
I found it!!whoo hoo!!! Thanks to all for helping me with this. Now I'll be able to take my pops out to the lake for Father's Day. This site is the best!

One more question before I install the strainer...can I mount the strainer with the bowl pointing sideways or does the bowl need to be pointing downward?

Posted By: critter
Date Posted: June-12-2008 at 1:37am
You can mount it sideways as it is a sealed unit when together.

Just look at where the water will go when, or if, you have to seperate it to clean the strainer screen.

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda

Date Posted: June-12-2008 at 2:32am
critter-i was hoping i can do that. thx.

Print Page | Close Window