Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1084
Printed Date: October-05-2024 at 10:11pm

Topic: Prop recs??
Posted By: MiLjack
Subject: Prop recs??
Date Posted: December-24-2004 at 12:08pm
Hi Guys,
new to the site, just picked up our new toy and I have some questions for the group.
The boat is a 99 Pro Air Nautique with tower and factory ballast tanks, 502 Python engine, and is all stock. I am a decent slalom skier, but no tournaments in my future, learning to wakeboard, wife is a new slalom skier, beginning wakeboarder, and we have a little one who will begin playing on the wate this year.
I am going through the boat, and I noticed that the prop is dinged and I want to get it repaired, but I wanted to get a new prop and have the repaired unit as a spare. I believe the stock prop is a 14" x 16" 4 blade, but I don't know what brand or hub size. What kind of prop should I try first? 3 blade? size? pitch? If I were to state that we are going to want a better holeshot, which way to go on the prop?

Any recs on websites to learn about props?

thanks guys,
Jack

Replies:
Posted By: mrese
Date Posted: December-24-2004 at 5:44pm
OJ props, Acme props, and Michigan Wheel Corp have good info to get you started.

Posted By: Guests
Date Posted: December-24-2004 at 6:15pm
I would recc. calling ACME. They will ask you ...what boat, horsepower, intended use...and set you up right. Their props are CNC machined and i believe they are leaving their competition behind. I purchased a new 3 blade OJ that needed to be re-balanced before i could use it w/o vibration. I think that Nautique now uses ACME as OEM.

Posted By: Rick
Date Posted: December-27-2004 at 3:11pm
At the same time I think they will be able to repair your donged one. Go ACME.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=250&yrstart=1996&yrend=2000%20" rel="nofollow - 2000 Ski

Print Page | Close Window