Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11349
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 9:28am

Topic: water problem
Posted By: 94nautique
Subject: water problem
Date Posted: July-24-2008 at 2:04pm
I have a 94 CB nautique and water will not drain from the battery box. The drain at the rear seems to be plugged by what feels like foam. Can I drill a new drain hole elsewhere? Thanks in advance.

TRBeng did I miss your prop test post????

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: July-24-2008 at 2:38pm
Your best bet is to just get the water out with a sponge- drilling a hole will just allow water to escape to the one place you dont want it- between the floor and hull.

I still havent put together my prop test results in a post or article- but give me some specifics and I can make a recommendation. What prop do you have now, what RPM/speed are you turning, what is the boat used for, which engine/tranny, goals, etc.

-------------

Date Posted: July-25-2008 at 12:50am
TRBenj,

I have the stock OJ 14 x 16 3-blade prop, engine is the carb'd ProBoss, top speed about 46mph at 4700rpm. I really don't run wide open too much. It seemed like it pulled more rpms with the protec ignition than with the replacement skidim ignition although I really haven't pushed this too much. The boat is mainly used for slalom at 34mph. When I phoned ACME they suggested the 1442 or the 668 which is a 4 blade with a little more cup to reduce prop speed. The thinking there was if the prop turns slower then the wake will be smaller. I'd like the lowest, softest wake possible. Acceleration is fine as it is. Thanks for your help.

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: July-25-2008 at 12:53pm
For all around performance, Id say the Acme 1442 is the hot ticket for the ProBoss 90-96 Nautiques. However, if youre more concerned with the wake, the OJ 428 (13x15.5 4-blade) will cut down the RPM's a bit- which should soften the wake a tad. It'll give up a few MPH on the top compared to the 3-blade Acme, and wont have quite the holeshot either- but its a very smooth prop and will likely be a big upgrade over your stocker.

-------------

Date Posted: July-26-2008 at 10:50am
Thanks for your help.

Print Page | Close Window