Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11481
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 11:22am

Topic: V-Drive question for Eric or anybody
Posted By: dcoll
Subject: V-Drive question for Eric or anybody
Date Posted: August-05-2008 at 3:22pm
I have the V-Drive unit away from the trans but not far enough to remove. The v-drive aluminum hull mounts are angled up towrds the front. This makes the v-drive unit bind while sliding away from the trans. My question is: what do I do to be able to slide forward without binding? There are a lot of options and I just want the right one. Thank you all.

-------------
1997 Super Sport Nautique

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: August-05-2008 at 3:46pm
I normally remove the trans as a complete unit, it may be a little tough the way you are attacking it. can I ask what is wrong with your v-drive? i got a call the other day for a complete new unit, was that you? they are economically rebuildable and if you need parts call TMI 800-462-8848 (Chris) or you will have to call Walter's direct......ask for Don at Walter's

Date Posted: August-05-2008 at 3:55pm
nothing wrong with v-drive except leaky gaskets. I am removing this myself without a lift. I do see how one can remove the trans and v-drive unit together without a lift. That was not me for the new unit. What should I take off, v-drive/hull mounts (alminum) or the brackets off the v-drive unit or none of the above.

-------------

Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: August-05-2008 at 4:44pm
i wouldnt move the brackets to far, it will really throw your alignment out, but again your going to check right?
you'll wish you had a midship mount after doing the alignment on the boat

Date Posted: August-05-2008 at 5:25pm
I will check alignment. I will figure how to slide the v drive unit away. I will deal with the difficult alignment for a better wakeboard wake.It seems like if I bolt up the trans and then bolt up the trans to v-drive, bolt the v-drive to shaft coupling. After that I can bolt together the mounting brackets. That should line up due to correct alignment at disassembly time.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window