Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11512
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 11:24am

Topic: PCM 40 Transmission Question
Posted By: dcoll
Subject: PCM 40 Transmission Question
Date Posted: August-07-2008 at 11:36pm
While removing the trans I have notice that there is trans fluid in the aft section. Is there suppose to be fluid in there or is the seal leaking? I am referring to area beneath the linkage mounting plate.

-------------
1997 Super Sport Nautique

Replies:
Posted By: eric lavine
Date Posted: August-08-2008 at 9:47am
between the v-drive and the front half? if so, no
there is also a front seal on the walter's, is it Dexron or 30w?

-------------
"the things you own will start to own you"

Date Posted: August-08-2008 at 10:12am
Yes between the V-Drive and the Walters. Dexron it is. I am the same guy with pink trans fluid. Need a new oil cooler. I have inspected the clutches both reverse and forward and they look fine. All gears are fine. I will be removing the output shaft nut today so that I can remove the drum for further inspection. I will be ordering a seal kit from skidim. There is no burning smell or any scorched metal. I think I got lucky.

-------------

Date Posted: August-08-2008 at 11:21am
look closely at the forward drum near the seal ring area, look for a hairline crack,and scoring in the case bore where the seal rings ride. JA Chamberlin may have better pricing on the seal kit

-------------

Date Posted: August-10-2008 at 3:59pm
Eric, I am trying to remove the output shaft nut. Wow, that is tight. My compressr is down so I went next door and his compressor with his impact wrench did not move the nut. I do not want to heat the nut. I think i need to take to a shop with more air and a better impact wrench. How do you remove that nut?

-------------

Date Posted: August-10-2008 at 4:16pm
on the PCM? they are sometimes very tight and heat is a must, and a 1/2 impact, you do get a new one in the seal and gasket kit so dont worry about destroying the nut   36mm? i believe thin wall

-------------

Print Page | Close Window