Print Page | Close Window

Ski Camps

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11901
Printed Date: May-13-2024 at 6:19am

Topic: Ski Camps
Posted By: jmallinger
Subject: Ski Camps
Date Posted: September-09-2008 at 5:42pm
Hi,

I am looking for a recommendation on a water ski camp in Florida for my family and me. Any thoughts out there for a good place?

Replies:
Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: September-10-2008 at 12:54am
Jamie: Lots of camps here in Central Florida. Show, 3 event, barefoot, anything you can name. If you put in Polk County you should get some hits. Good luck and let us know when you'll be down this way.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: September-16-2008 at 5:33pm
Better yet...just pull your boat down to Lake Roy Beach Inn and hire some of the local talent for instruction.

-------------

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: September-17-2008 at 1:17am
Lake Roy....always called it the "water skier" lake when we started coming down to Winter Haven in the 90's for Tribe Spring Training.

Me and Eddie skied it a couple months ago...remember the long canal to get out of the lake Tim? Well it was dry when we were there.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: Barracuda Chick
Date Posted: September-17-2008 at 1:16pm
Swiss Family Ski School...40 minutes outside of Orlando...rent a villa (3 bedrooms and baths, pool, jacuzzi, huge kitchen). It was cheaper than staying at a cheap hotel! There is a Publix right down the road so you can have great meals at your villa. You can ski up to 3-4 sets a day depending on what you want! If you do not want to ski, there are tons of attractiomns for the kids close by.

-------------
Barracuda Chick
Stress dissolves when exposed to water

Posted By: behindpropeller
Date Posted: September-17-2008 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Lake Roy....always called it the "water skier" lake when we started coming down to Winter Haven in the 90's for Tribe Spring Training.

Me and Eddie skied it a couple months ago...remember the long canal to get out of the lake Tim? Well it was dry when we were there.

john

Yea.... I remeber the canal. Always seemed to have lots of gators in it at night.

I have always enjoyed going to Lake Roy Beach inn. Seems to feel just like home.

Next time we are down there I will make sure we stop by, John.

Tim

-------------

Posted By: jmallinger
Date Posted: September-17-2008 at 3:49pm
Hey there,

Thanks for the thoughts...anyone else out there have any ideas?

Print Page | Close Window