Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12222
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 3:18pm

Topic: fuel tank
Posted By: 97supersport
Subject: fuel tank
Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 1:46pm
I have a '97 Super Sport that I have not run a full tank of gas through in over a year. I would like to remove the remaining fuel since it has been "Stabilized" once and is getting ready to be winterized. What is the best way to remove the old gas from the tank? Have tried a siphon hose but was unable to make that work.

-------------
MD

Replies:
Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 1:58pm
Why do you want to remove it? Id leave it in there- no need to touch it if youve already added the stabilizer.

-------------

Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 2:36pm
I stabilized it last year during winterization. they do not recommend you re-stabilize again. fuel is a year and a half old.

-------------
MD

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 3:41pm
From the Gold Eagle (Sta-bil) website:

"One ounce of STA-BIL Fuel Stabilizer will keep 2-1/2 gallons of fuel fresh for 12 months. Using twice the recommended dosage will keep fuel fresh for up to 24 months."

Add some more! I didn't find anything saying that you can't.

I've siphoned several boat tanks and found them easy because sitting on the trailer the tank height give you a advantage. I also have ended up with some gas in my mouth but the taste goes away after a couple hours!!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 3:48pm
read further on the Sta-bil web site. It also says that if you added it ounce and it has set for a year that you should not add it again. I have put a clear platic 7/16" OD siphon hose down the fuel fill 10' and have not reached gas yet. how far in should the hose have to go before I reach gas?

-------------
MD

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by 97supersport 97supersport wrote:

read further on the Sta-bil web site. It also says that if you added it ounce and it has set for a year that you should not add it again. I have put a clear platic 7/16" OD siphon hose down the fuel fill 10' and have not reached gas yet. how far in should the hose have to go before I reach gas?

Sorry, I did just find it in their FAQ's regarding re adding more at a later date. Sounds like siphoning it and running the gas through you car is the best choice. 10' of hose? I'm sure you mean 10"!! Measure the distance between the floor (approximate bottom of tank) and the deck. I'd say you will need between 18" and 24" to get to the bottom. Pulling the rear seat out will also give you a better idea of the exact fill hose routing.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: MADTOWN78
Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 4:15pm
97suppersport--

sounds like you need to sell the boat to me for a really good deal. I will make sure that it gets all of that old gas run through it and I will winterize it also.

If you look in your owners manual I think there is some fine print stating that putting less than 50 hours on a CC per year requires you to sell it!

Welcome to the site!

-------------
livin', lovin', lovin' livin'

Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 4:16pm
i did mean 10 feet. that is how much hose i pushed down the gas fill hole. Remember this is a super sport nautique with the V-drive motor setup.

-------------
MD

Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 4:22pm
MADTOWN, built a new house this year, otherwise it would have got plenty of hours.   make a offer, who knows i may need the extra cash for house payments with the way this economy is going.

-------------
MD

Posted By: MADTOWN78
Date Posted: October-22-2008 at 7:51pm
Wish I had the cash, as I hope for my next boat to be a similar year/model as yours. Right now, any offer I could make would be an insult. Not to mention the fiance would kill me if I told her I was getting another boat

I am still busy fixing up the 78SN for now.

Nice looking boat!

-------------
livin', lovin', lovin' livin'

Posted By: Brady
Date Posted: October-23-2008 at 9:47am
MD
The hose you pushed into the tank must have curled back up and was not on the bottom of the tank, you can tape or tywrap the tubing to a dowel to keep it straght and on the bottom of the tank.

-------------
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda

Print Page | Close Window