Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12281
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 3:23pm

Topic: Secure Rear Seat
Posted By: tuskboy
Subject: Secure Rear Seat
Date Posted: October-30-2008 at 4:19pm
I am the 1st time owner of a 2001 Air Nautique that needs some minor repairs. I have looked in the owner's manual but some things are not well explained. The rear seat is not secured in the boat and will move with passengers. I looked around for a method to secure the seat. There are two rubber handles on either side but only one post for the handle on the left side of the boat. Is that all that holds the rear seat in place?
Much thanks for the advice

-------------
Tuskboy

Replies:
Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: October-30-2008 at 6:24pm
Welcome Victor,

Previously owned a 99' Air which should be the same or similar to what you have.

IIRC there is a seat base, carpeted fiberglass which should have a couple pins that push thru the base and into the floor to secure it, then there should be a seat pad which rests on top of the base, at the underside rear of pad should be a metal piece, sort of a male, which should interlock to the female piece attached to the base, the (2) rubber straps should then secure the front of the cushion to the base at the posts, sounds like one of those posts is missing for sure.

It's been several years since I have owned that boat so hopefully if my info is incorrect someone else will chime in as necessary.

Good Luck

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: tuskboy
Date Posted: October-30-2008 at 7:20pm
Chris,

Thank you so much for the help - I figured it was something like that but just wanted someone to verify my thinking. The dealer was of no use - they wanted me to bring the boat in.

Thank you for a great forum - I am looking forward to getting this boat out in the water. Previous boat was a Four Winns - not the same as a CC.

Victor

-------------
Tuskboy

Print Page | Close Window