Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12421
Printed Date: September-29-2024 at 5:30pm

Topic: Python 502 Manual
Posted By: skiguy
Subject: Python 502 Manual
Date Posted: November-23-2008 at 3:38pm
Does anyone have a lead on finding an engine manual for a 1999 502 Python. Thanks in advance.

Replies:
Posted By: WakeSlayer
Date Posted: November-24-2008 at 12:07am
I am pretty certain you will not find one. There are a couple footnotes in the manual for whatever model you will have.
What are you looking for specifically? I can make copies of what there is , if you like.
They were not popular enough to justify a whole different manual.

Python Power!

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Date Posted: November-24-2008 at 10:47am
I appreciate your response. I am not a mecahnic but can do basic things like oil changes and minor repairs. Right now I seem to have a bit of dripping coming from one of the big circulating hoses on the front of the engine..the big fat one that goes into the impeller. Basically I need to find out the part Name and # so I can hopefully order a new one. Thanks Again.

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: November-24-2008 at 11:06am
sg,
On a 99, the rubber hose should still be good. Have you tried removing the hose, cleaning up the connection areas and putting it back on? Also. when tightening hose clamps, use a hex driver or a socket. (I believe it's a 5/16") You will get even and more torque to tighten them than using a screw driver.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: November-24-2008 at 11:13am
That's good advice especially coming from the G.P. on cleaning and retightening. It is a small drip and the hose looks good. In fact I can't find out exactly where it is coming from as there is no visible damage to the pipe.

Posted By: WakeSlayer
Date Posted: November-24-2008 at 11:13am
Go through all your hose clamps with a nutdriver. Most of mine were loose a couple years ago when I first bought the boat.

-------------
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Print Page | Close Window